Liltoua's Little Black Beast

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by liltoua, Feb 23, 2011.

1. liltoua

liltoua Member

At the TPS meet. My car next to Kyle's car.

[​IMG]

2. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Wat. Kyle plastidipped his RS?? And swapped it AND got rid of the
    CF scoop for an inverted one?? What a transformation!

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Kyles car is looking good.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

It's been swapped for 7 years...

5. liltoua

liltoua Member

^^ yea Kyle has been swapped for awhile now, if not the first...one of the first

6. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Has he had it with a FMIC for that long? I've seen it multiple times on the road when I used to live in Norcorss, but never really noticed the FMIC.

7. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Its black on a black car.....kinda easy to miss at a quick glance.

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

^^the car used to be white until recently, I dont recall the front mount either but hes been MIA for awhile who knows how long ago he got it

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I think im going to paint my car black too to fit in with the flared coupe crew.

10. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

all us norcross people need to get together more often. I see all you guys way too often out there

11. liltoua

liltoua Member

HAHA, yea there are alot of us. Car sounds great BTW. Anything new?

12. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Toua, don't worry. I have just purchased a grille for my car. I didn't think I would be able to get over the great wall of emotion that you personally built when you didn't come through, but I think I am making steps.

Just kidding man, get your car painted already won't ya? I think I am able to make that joke now that my car can drive, right?

-Reed

13. liltoua

liltoua Member

HAHA! Sorry Reed! I was going to PM you and just ship the thing to you on my own expense. Just letting you know that I feel really bad haha. I'll just get your number next time to make it less of a headache.

On another note, went to the SouthernFresh meet this past weekend and won "Best Functional" Either my competition was bad or I really deserved it haha. My car looks so beat up w/o paint.

[​IMG]

14. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

What grill do you guys speak of?

15. digitizedsoul

Yeah I like to ride through the hood every once in a while even though my house is on the other side haha, make sure everyone still knows I live there :wiggle:

Nothing new right now but I have some big plans for the future.
    I will be needing brakes soon so I might step up to some legit pads and stainless lines since the stock pads are pretty pathetic, even on the street.
    14k miles and i'm already easily 75% worn on the fronts.
    I do drive like a @(#$&ing maniac though :naughty:

16. liltoua

liltoua Member

He was missing a grille, so I offered him my stock 98 one.

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

won because not honduh

18. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

hey toua! been a while, we need to go for a cruise around atlanta,, hit up quang too! looking good bro! still love ur GC8 :drool:

19. liltoua

liltoua Member

My car will be on the road in the next week or two. Got my wheels in, just waiting on my tires to come in.

20. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

^ tires are coming soon toua, i promise lol

21. IBLinKYI

IBLinKYI Member

Skimmed through this, and makes me want an RS sooo much more.

22. digitizedsoul

i'll race ya.

to get back on the road that is LOL

then we can race on the road :D

23. liltoua

liltoua Member

Here's a shot I took over Thanksgiving break. Waiting for this stupid weather to pass through so I can take some decent pictures. Car is back on the road though.

[​IMG]

24. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

Nice! how's the tires?

25. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Niiiice!

26. liltoua

liltoua Member

The tires are pretty nice. Apparently they were made with wet traction in mind. I drove it around yesterday in the rain taking turns faster than normal in wet conditions and the tires held up pretty well. Pretty happy with the tires. Ask me in another 10k miles LOL

Thanks Jeff!

27. spsWRX

spsWRX Member

Haha yea, the Invo's are pretty good in the rain. The NT05's, however, is a different story...

28. mbui

mbui New Member

Damn what wheels and how wide did you go Toua?

29. liltoua

liltoua Member

They're Enkei NT03 18x10.5 +30. After mounting them looks like I can go wider HAHA. I'll run this setup for a bit. Gonna run a wider setup sometime in the future.

30. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

The car looks great! Love then new wheels.

31. mbui

mbui New Member

Insane. Haha and you want even wider? Did you upgrade your hubs to 5x114 or are the wheels 5x100?

Cars looking really good, makes me want an RS.

32. ghostrida3

ghostrida3 New Member

man your cars come a long way. Looks awesome!

33. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

34. liltoua

liltoua Member

I'm deciding if I want to either try and source out front/rear STI subframes and do the whole 5x114 conversion or just source out the necessary parts. Regardless, the next mod for me is going to be a a R180, which will force me to run the 5x114 setup anyways. So I'm just going to start collecting parts like a R180, rear brembo/rotors, and bottom colars for my current coilovers to fit the 5x114 knuckles. Then I'll probably hit up Brandon at AllPro, because I'm sure he's got subframes sitting around.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  35. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Any real reason to want the R180? Planning on big power?

36. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

giantest picture ever...

37. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

cant you do r180 with different axles?

38. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Not unless you get some custom ones made and even then I don't think it's that simple.

39. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

talk to brandon about it

40. b reel

b reel Active Member

you can run the R180 with LGT Spec-B CV's if you want to retain 5X100

41. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea I want the re-enforced wheel bearing of the 5x114 and just the wheel options as well. More importantly I just want to run the R180.

42. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Actually I don't think you can. WJM and I visited this way back in the day.

43. jrjcrf150f

jrjcrf150f New Member

absolutely sick car man. loved flipping through the 50 pages of progression!

44. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

I have heard of the legacy gt axles working... From my knowledge any jdm sti that came with a DCCD 5-spd is a r180 rear. The axles from thos would fit fines assuming the hub is the same. I'll check when I replace my wheel bearing.

45. liltoua

liltoua Member

Took the car out to my second autocross event, but my first one since the swap. So there has been a TON of changes to my car not only with the swap, but suspension wise and transmission. Learned a lot about my car and the way it handles at it's limit since I was able whip it around a bit. Had a ton of rubbing issues which held me back, but I will take care of those since now I know where it's rubbing the most. To put in comparison on how bad I did HAHA, the best time was 40 seconds and my fastest time was 50 seconds :(. Had a ton of fun meeting some of the guys out there! Here's a video of one of my runs.

[​IMG]

[youtube]U8reIUILX1s[/youtube]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  46. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Your car looks awesome man! :clap:

47. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

It was nice to see it out and racing! Glad my tape helped out ;)

Just to make you feel better, the 40 sec run was put down by a National Champion in a FULLY prepped SSM car. No comparison there. Looking at other WRX/STI your times are better.

I see you used 3rd. If you can, let the engine bounce off the limiter for the one second. It won't lighten the front end like it did, and you'll be faster to get on the brakes. The car is so flat in the turns, though. Your turn in looks really quick. Good job on the suspension set up.

48. liltoua

liltoua Member

Thanks for the tape! You guys did great out there! I'll post up pictures later today. Yea I wasn't sure if I should go into third or not because I was in it for such a short time. I will need one of you guys to sit/drive my car to see if my car could improve anymore in suspension.

49. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

OK! :naughty:

But yes, I'd love to either ride a long and give you some pointers, or if you're ok, I'd love to drive it. I'll be nice, I promise. We run at different times, so come over and find us. Our doors are open for the first 2 runs. I'm kind of competitive, so I like the "solo" time for my last 2 runs. (see what I did there?) I like to get me Zen on.

Jay & AJ are my heros. Jay's an fantastic AWD coach. You found the right guys to help you out this past weekend for sure. The Jay mod adds 1sec. I'm totally serious here.

We did a temp reading on my tires on Saturday. It read 110° on the inside and 114 on the outside after a few runs. Nice and even for as many high-speed turns as there were. I'm running 2° camber with +1 toe up from -1 in the rear. I can add more camber, but I think the inside will just over heat and make the tires slimy. This give you something to reference for your set-up. I also have the compression locked down. I'm just a few clicks away from full lock. But, I have the rebound at about 60%. It's working nicely for us.

50. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea I ran my fastest time when Jay was in the car with me HAHA. He was calm the whole time and just coaching me through all the turns and braking points.

I was probably experiencing the over heating problem. I'm currently running -2.5F and -1.5R and when the tires started to heat up I started to slide around like crazy in my 265 width tire. I felt like my tires got worse as it started to heat up. Maybe I'll notch down on the camber a bit.