Atlanta folks, who wants to snow drift today?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by DannyLerch, Jan 28, 2014.

1. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

2. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Any good spots in Marietta/Kennesaw area??

3. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

In Marietta, the play field for Simpson Middle School is perfect. Powers ferry elementary field as well. In kennesaw, down Jiles road, there's a park there where I use to play basketball that's a great spot too. And if you got the guts, KSU campus green is waiting for any of us.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  4. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

Let's meet up!

5. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Simpson middle is the area I'm in. Traffic is miserable to drive to an area just for some fun.

6. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

Its hilarious watching people try and drive past my house all day

7. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

It's a mess downtown. Highways are parking lots and the people on the surface streets are driving like idiots.

8. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

All I gotta say is, I never drifted pass so many SUVs stuck in a ditch in my entire life. A cop had a hill blocked and he said he didnt think my car would make it. I told him to try me. I blasted up the hill, did a 360 handbrake turn and sped off. Came back through later to a smile and a thumbs up from the cop. He asked what kinda car I had and was impressed. Saw so many SUVs trying to drive with no traction. I could see 80% of the traction in the back wheels and maybe 20% in the front on a bunch of Toyotas and the like.

9. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

^ bwhahahhaa that's hilarious. Also there is no way in heck I'm leaving. It took me 2.5 to get my daughter from school that's four miles down the road

10. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

Ok tomorrow then when the traffic clears.

11. b reel

b reel Active Member

the joys of owning a slow 1600lb car in the snow, all I need is a 6 foot pry bar to get unstuck

12. GA Scooby

GA Scooby Member

I ventured out there last night to have a snowball fight with a ton of fellow Tech students. I cannot begin to describe the fuckery that was going on downtown. A group of us ended up going to the liquor store, buying some $0.99 whiskey shots and walking. Pretty fun night. All the Subaru's I saw were moving right along. Lol

13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

we saw you!!

[​IMG]

14. Eco Auto Clean

Haha yea. Hilarious. Glad I made the news sporting the Forester!

15. nygiant

nygiant Member

hahahahaha

16. FACE

FACE Active Member

After my 11 hour excursion yesterday / this morning I think I'm spent

Stuck, no...snow, and ice...traffic,morons mainly...loacation, Sandy springs to Kennesaw...11 hours..

It's what makes a Subaru

Play hard stay safe

17. Eco Auto Clean

Face you should have hit me up! You could have chilled at my place!! Glad you made it safely.... But damn...11 hours. Insane.

18. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

t left work at 1:19pm and didn't get home until 9:53pm....8.5 hrs to travel 12 miles. Someone flipped their truck on Sandy Plains last night. I took a nap as I waited for 3 hrs before it was cleaned up. People couldn't get up a hill on that road which didn't help. Luckily I drove my fiance's Jetta knowing it would do well in the snow.

This morning I pulled the BRZ out of the garage to take that obligatory "car in Ga snow" picture. Stupid thing got stuck. :/

19. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

So my friends and I went around for a drive today. I was in my sti, my buddy in his evo, and another in his 80's FJ. Liquor store then Kroger then back to the spot. Saw about 15 stranded cars. Plenty of ppl walking gave us thumbs up..

20. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

[​IMG]

Had my choice of parking spots when I went out for "supplies" today

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  21. whitepony22

whitepony22 Member

Very important supplies I see. :beer:

22. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

We may have another chance to drift this week! Woot! Towncenter mall in Kennesaw was pretty great last time.

23. liltoua

liltoua Member

I think it's more ice than snow. No car is going to make it in black ice.

24. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

How's everybody doing with the "Wintery mix"?

25. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I live in Midtown under a lot of old oak tress, so i decided to put my car in a parking garage. I didn't want to see my car get hit with a huge branch, and in turn my girlfriend thinks I like my car more than her haha.

26. b reel

b reel Active Member

point out that you could have stuffed her in the trunk till the storm passed

27. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Good snow up here...at least 3 inches so far. Sticking on the roads too.

28. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Looks like just ice and slush here:thumbsdow

29. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Yeah it's just slush, that and the cops decided to break up my fun in the mall parking lot.

30. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

That sucks. I work at the mall I was hoping it would all start before I left work last night. I'm counting on the snow later to make the roads around here more fun.

31. Eco Auto Clean

Just took the forester around sandy springs. Slushy and fun but short lived and went back home.

32. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Let me know if you find anywhere of note. I'm on google maps looking for parking lots I haven't discovered yet.

33. Holc13WRX

anyone in the midtown area planning on going to mess around somewhere?

34. Redrunner

Redrunner New Member

im up in the cumming alpharetta area... already been out once with the go pro. so fun.

35. Holc13WRX

http://youtu.be/OblPQRnylkU

Not anything special, but had a blast driving around midtown area. Roads are slick but very manageable

36. Von Franko

Von Franko New Member

just got back from riding around Lilburn...first snowfall in a AWD turbo vehicle and its a drug like no other...50 mph under boost sideways will get the blood flowin!!!

37. kohlby777

kohlby777 Member

Share the video!

38. Holc13WRX

39. WRXappeal

WRXappeal New Member

Man I would've made it out if I had seen this

40. Wcgreen20

Wcgreen20 New Member

I had a great time driving in both snow events around Atlanta. So glad I got to test my subaru in some weather it was meant for shortly after buying it. It was also nice to pass cars and even trucks stuck and watching peoples amazement as I went right through and up steep hills. Love this car

41. Beardog420

Beardog420 Member

I went to multiple parking lots in my area until i saw the blue lights come on and the fun was over.

sold her a few days after the storm we just had.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014