Stockpiling for Disaster

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Mar 6, 2014.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

Just wondering if anyone here has been stockpiling essential items in case shit were to hit the fan in this country? I mean with the current state of society, decline of social morals, constant decline of the US dollar, the consistent increase in national debt, international relations, etc etc anything could happen and throw the country into a state of chaos.
    I have been strongly considering starting to stockpile survival items...food, water, and even guns and ammo.
    Bottled water is a given...but what food items have the longest shelf life? What have you stocking up on, if anything? What moreso than other stuff?

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

if you all need your bunkers cleaned, let me know...

On the flip side..never thought about stock piling...kidney transplant patient and once I run outta meds guess I'm kinda screwed anyway..man that would suck.... Oh well...cross that bridge when that time comes i spose

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

I've started with guns and ammo. :D
    Henry lever 22lr
    Henry pump 22mag
    Spikes 7.5" AR pistol
    just over 1k rounds of each

Don't need food the above will allow me to kill/protect what I need. I do need to expand what other essentials I'll need to bug out.

6. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Ak-47 and plenty of ammo
    2 AR-15 and plenty of ammo
    Marlin Lever action 22lr and plenty of ammo
    Savage .270 plenty of ammo
    12 gauge Benelli Shotgun...no clue how much ammo I have but bunches
    Barnett Buck Commander Crossbow and 20 bolts w/field points and broadheads
    Several handguns in various calibers.

Self water purification system at the farm. Not very portable but I can get quite a bit of water from it.

I'm a proficient hunter so not worried about food. How in the heck I'm gonna carry all this ammo I have no freaking clue. I have one dedicated walk-in closet just for the guns and ammo that is locked up (so my son can't get in). I've been toying with selling some of it.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  7. b reel

b reel Active Member

never sell, your son will need some of it

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

A friend of mine at work is a retired Marine. He has been prepping since the 90's and has accumulated a huge inventory of guns. He said a few years ago he realized he was obsessed with prepping to the point he was a skeptic about everything so he had to tone it down a bit. To date he has about 75k worth of Ammunition since he buys or trades for some every chance he gets and re-cases his target rounds. When we went to range we were firing ammo he's had since the 70's with guns he's had for decades but never fired.

He worked out deals with National Guard soldiers to get about 14 cases of MRE's, each I think have 50 meals in them and hes stocked up a shit ton of toilet paper and Water cases.

Even chooses to commute to Kennesaw from his cabin at the top of a mountain in Jasper in case shit hits the fan.

This is all stuff that I've seen when he invited me to his house in Hilton Head, he's the real deal.

Also, if anyone is interested in Prepping, there is a preppers store in right off of Barrett Pkwy called The Prepper's Vault. They have pretty cool stuff in there.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Depends what kind of ammo. the new shit is synthetic and won't last longer than a year.

10. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

None of my ammo uses the synthetic stuff...I should be good.

Yeah breel that was my thoughts exactly....I piled in on this stuff before it got scarce and before the stupid price hikes.

11. Justin V

Justin V Member

Stock piling my education so I can immigrate to another country.

No prepping here aside from a few guns and a reloader... that my dad bought me to make him bullets.

With my wife still active duty, we are just renting here and have had plenty of talks about ideal locations and amenities to have at our forever home. Current plan is to high tail it to the family cabin in North Georgia.

12. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

If it happens do you expect it to return back to normal anytime soon ?
    If it happens would you like to live longer in hope to suffer less later ?
    If it happens can you handle looking at the future pain and sufferings ?

The more you have the more someone wants it and they most likely have more than you.

13. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Come on and get it then.....[​IMG]

14. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I have enough firearms and ammo to support my family and friends for awhile. On the food side not so much but I can hunt to support them.

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

I feel like a good prepper would keep it somewhat of a secret. Seems it would be easier (both physically and on the conscience) to not have to kill desperate acquaintances in a post apocalyptic world.

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I keep my resources spread out over all my elderly neighbors houses.

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

here is the LDS one year food list
    [​IMG]

of course this is if you know how to prep and cook

18. FACE

FACE Active Member

Don't forget truprep in Marietta and Roswell ;)

19. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

For those who haven't been "hunting" before, i suggest you try it now. Its not as easy as it sounds.
    Better to get it down now rather than when the shit hits the proverbial fan :naughty:

20. b reel

b reel Active Member

I laugh every time I hear "live off the land" BS. If it comes to Armageddon, I'll be catching a ride with the aliens or pull a George Soros and sell you fuckers out.

21. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

That's just it. I'm not stockpiling for anything....I just happen to own enough to provide what needs to be provided when/if anything happens. I own this stuff cause I like shooting firearms and archery. Also got the stuff while it could be had.

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I think prepping goes a lot further than stocking up on guns and ammo. Sure you can defend yourself and maybe kill/take from others but by only stocking up on ammo you put yourself in a position where you have work harder and be put into hostile situations to survive.

23. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

But face it unless you have some sort of bunker that you can sufficiently lock down you are going to be forced into hostile situations no matter what.

24. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

No doubt. Not saying guns and ammo are not apart of the game. Location is also apart of it. Anyone that lives in urban civilization is pretty much going to have to fight for their lives. Myself included being I haven't been in a position to move further than Woodstock.

A good example is the first Snowpocalypse of the year. Imagine if it became hostile during that 24 hour rush hour.

25. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I would have been doing the same thing....watching that mess on TV laughing at the fools stuck on the highway fighting for their lives.