Hybrid Audio Technologies

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by johnson90512, Mar 11, 2014.

1. johnson90512

johnson90512 New Member

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2009 WRX with the base speaker package, meaning I don't currently have tweeters. That being said, I have made a few adjustments over the stock sound system. I have the sail panels for the tweeters to be there, I have the stock radio from a 2013 WRX Premium audio(USB,Bluetooth, and AUX), and 4 door speakers powered by a JL Audio 600.4.

amphttp://www.jlaudio.com/hd600-4-car-a...plifiers-98221

Now the question. I purchased a set of new speakers recently, they are the HAT Imagine Series. I would like to put 2 in the front doors and the tweeters in the sail panel. Now, I have wired speakers and and amps before, but I'm curious if there is anything I need to know about wiring the tweeters up, I believe they will be wired to the 6.5" door speaker, as I do have some Alpine SPS-610C in the rear doors. but if the Alpines need to go, they can go.

Do you have any recommendations as to how I should wire these?

Thank you guys

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

You are probably better off selling the tweeters and buying a true component set with a crossover. It will sound a lot better running off the amp and you dont have to worry about mix matching speakers and crossovers.

3. johnson90512

johnson90512 New Member

Well, the tweeters come built in to the Imagine series, and can be removed, apparently crossover and all, very easily. What component set do you recommend if any that is.

4. ghionw

ghionw Member

I've heard great things about the HATs Imagines. Just put some power to them and you should be fine. I can't remember if those come with crossovers or if they have them built in.