Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bixs, Mar 17, 2014.

1. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Anyone getting excited? Anyone not convinced this expansion is going to be awesome compared to original release of d3?? You should be :squint:

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Says the guy with an inside scoop on the game

3. longfury

longfury Active Member

The patch helped a bunch of things. I just wish the game was playable offline. I am going to get the xpac and probably enjoy it quite a bit.

4. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

The patch really did help, I am going to wait till I read some reviews before purchasing though.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I just saw it this morning on newegg...I'm excited. I'm especially excited for some insider play time. ;)

6. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Someone here works at Blizzard? Also, patch made the game so much better. Adventure mode should be sweet.

7. Matt

op does

8. Matto357

Nice. So I know who to bother about finishing sets in the game.

9. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

No. I'm not excited at all. I hate what they did with the recent content patch. The game looks more like shit than it used to, the UI is 100x bigger it seems meaning Blizzard believes all PC gamers to be blind, and the drop rate still BLOWS ASS. David, FIX D3 PLZ!

10. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

:| ... well I'm happy everyone else is happy so far.

11. Matt

haters gonna hate...especially peter. :p

12. superdoughboy4

LOL. But those are things I really don't like with the recent patch. The drop system was great before. It was just the % of legendary's dropping that was god awful. And I'm incredibly glad at them getting rid of the RMAH. Worst decision ever to even put micro-transaction bullshit into the game. It ruined the economy completely. I'll probably end up buying Reaper of Souls. But if it's not great, that'll be the last Blizzard product I ever buy. I've been heavily disappointed with everything they're putting out right now.

Actually I take that back about Reaper of Souls being my last. Probably the last installment of SC2. huehuehuehuehue

13. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Peter's concerns are very typical to see though. However, like most internet haters none of them are relevant, useful, or thought out. Then you realize that opinion is .0001% of the actual population playing and it becomes hilarious.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  14. Matto357

The drop system was shit before. Thousands of worthless items to sort through in order to find something that might be useful. The stats that would roll on items was insane. Demon hunter stats on a shield was pointless and annoying.

You obviously don't know what a micro-transaction is if you think the RMAH was a micro-transaction system. Pay to win maybe, but not micro-transaction.

New system is much much much better. I think the legendary drop rate could be upped slightly (finding a five item legendary set is going to take a VERY long time and even then you're not guaranteed a good version). I'm also not too sure about the bind to account stuff. I wish I could trade within my group of friends that play with me even if we aren't in the same game when something drops, but I don't know how Blizzard could keep that from getting abused in the black market.

Do you specifically work on Diablo David?

15. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Battle.net, because I dont think i can really describe what we do..my team will be closely watching how your experience will be up until to the moment you actually control your character, on monday

16. Matto357

Sweet. Hopefully it will all go well. If it doesn't I'll be sure to make an anger filled post here.

17. superdoughboy4

Why would stats relate to the "drop system"? Stats are stats. Having useless stats on items sucks yeah, but that could have been fixed without touching how items dropped. Now, without those "useless" items being dropped, you can't exactly sell those items off for gold. Incredibly precious gold. For me, having a bunch of magics/rares was worthwhile since I can just sell those items off and pad my stash a bit with, for the most part, free gold. You have to hope to fucking god that a nice item drops it seems now.

As for micro-transactions not being the same as the RMAH, they're basically the same thing. A pay to win system either way, is absolutely atrocious. This isn't some free to play game. This game cost 60 fucking dollars. And if I'm paying $60, I'd want the same chance as everyone else in getting items dropped rather than having people buy their gear. Yeah yeah people can do whatever the fuck they want with their money yadda yadda. But it really does (did) fuck with the game. Unless you were incredibly lucky in your play through/runs and got rolled incredibly good gear, you would be ass raped in Inferno (though I'm glad that the game was balanced a lot better since launch).

I have a lot of gripes about D3. There's a lot of things that I can say about it. But really, it's not worth mentioning. I nitpick at this game because it doesn't seem like a true successor to D2. Or my hopes were just too high for the game. Either way, I had more fun playing and talking with people in D2 servers. People in D3 hardly ever talk anymore because of the awesome integration of a WoW style chat, or rather that's what I assume. If people don't know how to leave those sub-chat channels, then they will just be bombarded with a bunch of WTT and WTB messages. I played a lot more before the new content patch. Hopefully Reaper of Souls is a decent expansion to the game. The trailer definitely made me want to buy it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  18. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Friend discount for game? :naughty:

19. longfury

longfury Active Member

I bought it and have played about an hour of the new xpac.

So far I am getting a kick out of it. The levels are large and very well populated with things to kill. I am playing on Hard and while difficult, it is not soul crushingly hard.

Battle.net had not fallen over last night at midnight and was still solid and lag free this morning at 9am. I do wonder what it will be like tonight though.

20. Matto357

Great expansion. Very entertaining. It ramps up the difficulty fairly quickly though. Was able to play Torment 4 easily at level 60, by level 66 I had dropped it down to Master just to survive. Adventure mode is fun, but gambling is useless so far.

21. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

If you let me know about a month or two before a release... then yes :) large discount.. but at release my discount is rather crap for a little bit.

22. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

23. longfury

longfury Active Member

I am quite shocked that Battle.net has not fallen over. At least Blizzard can learn from a batched launch. Unlike EA(Simcity and BF4).

24. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Nice!

I didnt relieze you were working for Blizzard, that is kinda neat.

A buddy of mine was giving me good news from the game last night, and I quote "Just buy it damn it" lol

25. Matt

played for a few hours last night. It was a good bit of fun. my "toon" isn't where she needs to be, but I was able to get through pretty well before calling it a night. I think I leveled about.... 5 levels before signing off for the evening.

26. Matt

27. longfury

longfury Active Member

Now, if I could only play it offline....

28. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Did you play D2?

29. longfury

longfury Active Member

Quite a bit actually. I have always played the game in single player and have never found an interest in playing it in a group.

30. superdoughboy4

There's a huge benefit now to playing with others. I'm glad that they focused and added better benefits to playing with other people.

31. superdoughboy4

A friend bought me RoS today. I like it. I love the new addition of items and different ways of getting it. Well done Blizzard.

32. Matt

I got to Malthael last night...seemed rather fast to get to him?

Anyway, got my ass handed to me repeatedly. my healing is weak. So so weak. :(

33. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea I've been playing it as well. I really like what they've done to the wizard class. Gonna do some more grinding tonight after work :)

34. superdoughboy4

Frozen Orb ftw just like 1.09 D2.

35. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeah, it took me 7-8 hours to get there. I cleared everything I could and explored everything I could. I have been playing on "Hard" difficulty.

I also got my ass handed to me on a silver platter and nicely cut into sashimi by his scythes. I refuse to lower the difficulty. He is far harder than any other boss I have encountered so far.

36. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Been playing on master.. refused to lower difficulty.. but then I started dying every 5 minutes.. stuck my tail between my legs and lowered the difficulty till I get better gear

Matt skipped some of the first part I think, not tons.. but I invited him to a group and it put him at my place in the Act, then I think defaults to the last place you were when you create a game.. but you can just change it back

37. superdoughboy4

Master is not difficult for me on my own. But I also don't have the patience to deal with unique bosses related to the story on that difficulty. Running through Torment with other players is pretty fun too.

38. Matt

7-8? I think I've played for about 3 hours total... I was talking to David and we think mine may have skipped a few quests/etc when I joined him..

However, I left his party and started my own with hookers and blow...it should have started over, no?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  39. longfury

longfury Active Member

You would have to select one of the earlier quests and start a new game.

40. Matt

I may do that tonight... thanks!

The weird thing is, I had no issues getting through the areas before malthael.

41. longfury

longfury Active Member

I didn't either. Malthael seems to be a huge spike in not really difficulty, but damage output. He just hits far harder than anything you face before him.

42. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Several weeks later, thoughts?

43. superdoughboy4

Still fun. I've been playing pretty often. Paragon level 99 now. I've hit my limit on gear right now... I can't seem to find anything better than what I have right now. Critting for 2.5 mil avg and 10 mil spikes with 1.08mil dps.

44. longfury

longfury Active Member

I have not had time to play lately. Too much stuff going on. If anyone ever wants to team up I can. I am not into the paragon levels though. I never really cared that much.

45. superdoughboy4

46. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member