DAMD D shaped steering wheel

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Drowland87, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one for my 05 sti. I think they look great in a GR however, I kind of think it will look out of place in a GD. I've been thinking about ordering one ever since Alex showed me one he was wrapping for a customer a few months ago. I love the feel of the smaller diameter and thicker wheel over stock. Opinions? Also should I go ahead and do the white line steering rack bushings at the same time?

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Whiteline steering rack bushings yes. At the same time, probably not since they are on different parts of the car. If you do do them in the same day be sure to do the wheel first since you will probably end up gettong dirty after messing with the steering rack.

3. Drowland87

If I do both, anything else you recommend at the same time? Suspension is 100% stock with whiteline rear diff bushings. Any thoughts on the wheel in a GD?

4. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

[​IMG]

Looks good to me.

5. FACE

FACE Active Member

What do these run and do you have a link?

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

GTSpec makes one for a little less. Just as nice.
    I plan to get one in the near future. $555 from the gtspec site...less if you shop around

[​IMG]

7. Drowland87

8. Drowland87

9. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

I like the DAMD wheels. Esp if you get JPM to do the extra wrapping and interior matched stitching! So sexy!

10. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

This is on my list too. So if you're looking for opinions to buy I say go for it.

11. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

yes Alex made those wheels look super tempting to me, its definitely on the list. As for upgrade path, the steering rack bushings are pretty nifty and I think should be more priority than the steering wheel, feedback/feel from those bushings is pretty impressive imo.

12. Drowland87

I think I'm going to order one very soon, I've also seen people retrofit the LGT controls instead of having the ugly silver switch covers or if I can't find some paint them black or see if Alex can wrap them. I HATE the silver trim on the GDs!