Formula D/Drift Atlanta (May 9-10)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by crazyazn, Apr 23, 2014.

1. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Thought I would get the ball rolling on this, since we have done this event almost as big at Petit, but actually maybe get a larger turnout since its a bit of a lower cost/time investment.

Let's see who's going, and also if you are interested in rolling out in convoy like we have done in the past.

We have been meeting up in the parking lot in front of the Bass Pro Shop off of 85 (SATURDAY, MAY 10 at 7AM).

Bass Pro Shops
    5900 Sugarloaf Pkwy
    Lawrenceville, GA 30043

Also, we can get an idea of what/if people may be bringing to contribute, ez-up, food, drink, grill, whatever.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Just a reminder:

This is THE event that the cops crack down on alcohol brought into the track. Either don't do it, or hide it VERY well...I didn't have an issue 2 years ago, but others in the group did. I stayed away last year, but I'm assuming it was similar.

If you have a cooler, don't put it in your backseat. That's more of a tip off that they'll think you're bringing alcohol.

3. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

4. crazyazn

YES, I forgot to mention this.

So my trick...

Cooler full of ice, water bottles, brats/food.

On a GD, with the spare tire Bixs and I found out that you can fit 12 cans there and the cooler is a good distraction.

5. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

big cooler, put the adult beverages on the bottom lots of ice, water, soda, food on top. Also, liquor is much easier to get in since most don't need large volumes.

6. pleiades

pleiades Member

Palcohol

7. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I won't be making it this year as I will be driving the new Porsche Macan on track that weekend. :)

8. suomi82

suomi82 Member

Which day are we going, the 9th or 10th? I'm in. Can contribute food and beverages, I also have a small charcoal grill.

Edit: Sunday is Mothers Day so maybe the 9th Saturday would better to get more people coming.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  9. johnson90512

johnson90512 New Member

I probably won't meet you guys since at bass pro shop since I live in dahlonega, that is very much in the wrong direction. But I should be coming with at last one other wrx, maybe a 2.5i as well, and wouldn't mind parking with you guys. :)

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

The main event is the 10th. I wouldnt waste money on the 9th. The roll out will be the 10th

11. crazyazn

Oops yes I should have clarified, we do the roll out for the main event, which is SATURDAY, MAY 10.

12. johnson90512

johnson90512 New Member

Where do you guys try and park, I will see if we can meet up with you all there? I think I normally see you on the outside of the track by turn 10b is that correct?

13. crazyazn

Yup that is us! We should have our WRXatlanta banner hung up from a ez-up also.

14. suomi82

suomi82 Member

Bring some females with you please so my wife won't be the only one. lol

15. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

I`m in town that weekend and may join you guys unless my mom cant take mothers day off..

16. Matt

new restaurant?

17. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i can probably hide a beer or two in my glove box?

18. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

What time do you guys meet at bass pro shop?

19. johnson90512

johnson90512 New Member

My gf comes every year

20. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I'm in. Ill more than likely be with a wife and 4 year old in tow.

21. Matt

that poor girl...

22. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

FTZ and I will get there early and claim the spot.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  23. Andrew@BallEngine

Andrew@BallEngine New Member

We will have a booth there, everyone come by and say hey. My engine will be on display.

24. crazyazn

yeah maybe we don't do any moving of others ez-ups this year :coolugh:

25. J_P

I'll be showing up early as well to help claim our spot. The more EZ-ups we can get there when the gates open the better.

26. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm 99% going. JP want to meet up on the way?

27. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

no i wish... mom`s been working part time stuff to get by unfortunately. we`ll figure out something soon though.

28. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

who all is going on Friday?

29. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Planning on heading up before traffic starts, if I can get out of work early.

30. b reel

b reel Active Member

they have 49 entries for the TransAm race split in 3 classes... should be good fun

31. J_P

Definitely, I plan on going early and I will probably be driving the beater. I don't have a good track record carrying things like charcoal or coolers in the STi.

32. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

So who's bringing a grill?

Theres a charcoal grill at target i've been eyeing and was going to buy rigt before FD but payment for our family vacation is due the same weekend so might have to leave it there

33. crazyazn

i don't have a grill, but i will have charcoal to donate to the cause, along with a cooler and spare tire well of drinky drinks.

I'll be rolling up with my friends Eric and Kunal who some have met from the previous years.

34. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds good JP, let me know what time and where. I'm located 4 miles south of the outlets right off 400 so there are many places we could meet up on the way.

35. suomi82

suomi82 Member

I can bring a grill, I have the small target $20 thing. Depending on how many people we have, it might be too small, maybe someone else can bring another one?

36. crazyazn

ok lets bump this..

referring back to past years, it seems we met up pretty early to do the roll out and make sure we get to Road Atlanta early enough to get parking close to 'our spot' at 10a-10b.

So how does meeting up by 7am sound?

37. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

for what day? Saturday?

38. crazyazn

yes for Saturday the main event is when we have had the strongest gathering

39. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Me and sam won't be going we've had some expenses pop up following her accident and can't justify the cost of spending a day out drinking (especially since I really have no interest in drifting anymore). Plus it give me a full day to work on my car hopefully finishing my swap.

Have fun guys!

40. crazyazn

sorry you guys can't make it. Glad sam is ok, and hope all works out with both of your cars

41. Matt

I definitely won't be there. :wtc:

42. crazyazn

woah a formula d without Matt?!!?

43. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

44. liltoua

liltoua Member

I got a graduation to go to on Saturday :( Really bad timing. Maybe I'll come up there later on. Save me a spot :)

45. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

I am most likely coming. heard something about stance. also the alcohol thing is no joke. my friend took out his spare tire, filled the area with ice and beer and hid it under the floor and they still found it. Just be careful!

46. impreza

impreza Member

i really want to go this year to bad i wont be able to go

47. J_P

Last day to order your tickets online. Saves a couple bucks on parking after the convenience fee.

Forecast is calling for rain.

48. J_P

It won't be the same without some of your crazy artery clogging burger creations.

Also, it's not really a successful Drift Atlanta unless Matt bans somebody while at the track.

49. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Sean and I will be there both days now; have 10' EZ-UP, Cooler, Soft Drinks

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  50. Segrez

Segrez New Member

I'll be there with cooler soft drinks and burger patties. So 7am at Bass Pro Shops?