Formula D/Drift Atlanta (May 9-10)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by crazyazn, Apr 23, 2014.

1. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Awesome. Yes, shooting for 7am at the Bass Pro Shop parking lot. Traditionally we've stuck towards the back of the lot. It should be pretty obvious who we all are :)

2. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

So sad I'm tied up Saturday with flying.. first time in 4 years I'll miss it... and somehow by only hours. Have fun!

3. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i will be there?

4. crazyazn

why is that a question?

5. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i dont know
    i got my throttle cable fixed - no 100% throttle but it'll make it out there

6. crazyazn

oh yeah, i forgot i saw that on fb.

Sounded pretty scary. soo, basically you're saying my sti might be able to pace you now? :p

7. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i get 84% throttle lol

8. suomi82

suomi82 Member

We will bring the grill(small), can someone bring charcoal? We are also bringing salad, condiments, paper plates etc. How many of us are coming?

9. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i got some brats!

10. suomi82

suomi82 Member

Then bring Sauerkraut too. lol

11. crazyazn

i'll be with two friends, we will have a tiny grill with us also, so i'm sure we will have a sharing of grills like usual :p

12. crazyazn

On another note, can we get a shout out, of who all is showing up at the Bass Pro tomorrow morning for the convoy.

7am still work for everyone? hopefully leave and head up to Road Atlanta by 7.30ish?

13. osborne519

osborne519 Member

Laikens making 48 cupcakes and ill bring chips and dip plus some extra hotdogs and buns.... also bringing a grill do we need anything else

14. crazyazn

sweet! yeah i'll be coming up with cokes, water, brats, chips, pretzels, couple rolls of paper towels (we always seem to run low on that lol)

15. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

how much Charcoal do we need?

16. crazyazn

i found a bag that i will be bringing up.

17. osborne519

osborne519 Member

Also ill be there for the ride out

18. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

edit.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  19. crazyazn

Good point, thanks for bringing that up. So how about 9am, with a 9.30 rollout? Maybe that will get more of us to rollout together also?

20. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Ok...just called. Gates are open 24 hours. Will Call opens at 8am.

Jeff you might want to stick with the original roll-out.

21. crazyazn

Thanks Matt.

Sorry for the disruption folks, everyone still ok for 7am?

22. osborne519

osborne519 Member

Im driving from carrollton so is the meet time at 7 or are y'all leaving at 7

23. crazyazn

lets meet 7 and leave at or before 7.30am.

24. osborne519

osborne519 Member

Ok my number is 7702357055 if someone can text me so I can have some sort of contact

25. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Im bring extra chips and dranks! My 4 year old is kinda picky so I think im just going to pack a cooler with stuff to make subs. Ill bring extra that anyone is welcomed to. Still thinking about sneaking in some grown up dranks as well.

I think ill skip the caravan and head to the track with the early group. JP still want to caravan?

26. suomi82

suomi82 Member

Is it really that packed that we gotta be there that early? Just curious.

27. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes, it gets that packed.

28. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; SCH-I545 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Yeah. Its an insanely popular event. One of the main reasons for the early roll out is the idea of us getting good parking near our typical spot and also, the fact of us being lined up makes it a ton easier for the late comers to find us.

29. suomi82

suomi82 Member

Cool, see you all in the morning.

30. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

whose sneaking the beer? ill pitch in some money, the fd has no room for a 6pack...

31. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Rome JP and I are meeting at the Home Depot parking lot across from the outlets at 6:45

32. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm bringing a couple cases of water and some chips. If I have time in the morning I'll grab some ice.

33. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Ok ill see you guys there!

34. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

Same old tent site?

35. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I met Chip and Sean up there today. Saw Toua at Will Call...was able to grab a few photos of the practice session before the rain really started coming down. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. The place might be a bit muddy tomorrow, fair warning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

36. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

I just got home from todays runs.. 2 of my friend where "randomly" searched for beer.. they found our stache...

i watched a H2 slide in the mud and hit another truck and get stuck at the same time...

Im gonna roll out tomorrow with yall, if im not there by the time yall leave go ahead and leave me... unless someone wants to call my ass in the morning and yell at me to get up...

37. liltoua

liltoua Member

nice pics! yea that rain kinda ruined the day, but it was still fun! I'll see you guys tomorrow.

38. suomi82

suomi82 Member

Where was your stash? How do they search the vehicles anyway and what happens if you don't consent? They won't let you in? Do they frisk people too?

39. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Will be there in the 80 Series ;)

40. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

they had it hid in coolers in the trunks... they got randomly asked if they had anything in the trunk.. i didnt even get asked..

41. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

that's why you put some cokes and water in the cooler and hide the good stuff in all the crevices of the car.. like under the seats.. :) i think i fit almost 2 dozen cans in random places around the car last year. skipped the spare tire, too obvious

42. suomi82

suomi82 Member

I'l be there a little late like 715, wait for me

43. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

so would it be worth it to get up there at like 12:00 to 1:00?? last night did not allow me to wake up.. haha

44. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; SCH-I545 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Yeah come up. We are camped out and we have a few subies lined up also

45. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Great to see everybody that made it out. Hopefully everybody made it home safely.

46. crazyazn

Great turn out indeed. Always good to see familiar faces, and meet new ones also. As per usual, it was awesome to see how our community bands together for some good old fun :p

47. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

Do a burn out!

48. osborne519

osborne519 Member

Someone left the tongs and a spatula I have them .... I can ship them if they are needed

49. suomi82

suomi82 Member

They are mine, do you attend the biweekly meets ever? Thanks for picking them up sir!

50. RonnieBlaze

RonnieBlaze Member

hey what was that search site you where talking about?