Re-introduction to the forums

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bjtyson3, Jun 11, 2014.

1. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

Hi all!This will be my second time getting involved in wrxatlanta.com. My name is Brian Tyson and I joined the forums back in 06 when I got my first STi. I was a fairly frequent poster but haven't been on the forums since I sold my STi over 3 years ago. I recently purchased a 2015 Wrb STi from stivers subaru a few weeks ago and have decided to get back into the Subaru scene. I have browsed around and a lot of the peeps I used to know on here seem to be gone but I'm sure there are a lot of people on here now that I know that I didn't know then. I'm a pretty avid autocrosser from the Middle Ga region now and track junkie and I am now a licensed driving instructor with the Porsche club of america. My wife Corrin and I do a lot of autocross and track and currently have the Sti,an 07 Mazda mx5 MS-R,and a 95 spec miata/ time trial car that I'm actually currently trying to sale since I traded in my tow vehicle on the Sti lol. Just browsing I see lots of people that I know or have met at middle ga and Atlanta region autocrosses and ect.. I will see if I can post some pics from my phone in a second hopefully. BTW this 2015 STi has to be by far the best STi ever in almost every way. And I've driven probably 10 sti's before and all different models. Thanks guys for reading!

Attached Files:

2. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

Congrats!

3. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

Congrats and Welcome Back.

4. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Awesome - congrats on the new ride!

How do you like the '15??

5. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

Loving it. It really just doesn't even feel like any of the other sti's. I autocrossed a friends brand new 14 STi about a week before I got mine and the differences are night and day. More power,more tq, better interior,better seats, better ride,better steering feel, better handling balance,less unwanted noise,and the car just feels like a different better car. I'm very very pleased. I haven't been overly impressed with a stock STi since the 05 and 06 models

6. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

That's awesome to hear! I got the chance to drive one recently and thought all those same things.

7. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

Yes I was actually lookin into getting another older STi but had the chance to drive a 15 STi and was hooked lol