July 6th Mountain Run after C&O

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by KGraska, Jun 25, 2014.

1. KGraska

KGraska Member

Me and a fellow member are planning on going to Caffeine and Octane the morning of the 6th and then leaving straight from there and heading up 400 for a mountain run. We don't really have a route planned yet so we are open for suggestions.

Wanted to post this up and see if anyone else would like to join us.

EDITED****
    Meeting up at Shell Gas Station on Windward Parkway at 10:00AM

Shell
    6185 Windward Pkwy
    Alpharetta, GA 30005

Plan to leave the Shell at 10:30 sharp

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. Justin V

Justin V Member

Bah!!! and I'll be in Hiawassee but with the VW.

3. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

I might be down for the mountain run.

4. Redmondson27

Redmondson27 New Member

Hell, I'm down. Given nothing comes up. Let me know if it's still on and how many people are looking to cruise.

5. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

sounds good ;)

6. Redrunner

Redrunner New Member

If the weather looks good. I'm in

7. Redrunner

Redrunner New Member

If we pass blood mt.. i might peel off and hike it. That would be a day. From caffeine and octain to a summit of blood :D

8. KGraska

KGraska Member

That's definitely an option. I'm honestly not that familiar with the roads up there so someone else may have to map a route. I'm just pumped to have my car running again!

9. bluedestiny

10. I'm in with red runner.... We'll be riding down together if this for sure going down. You guys should probably assemble a meeting point outside of Caffeine and Octane just to gather the troops sort of speak. It gets crazy in there and it would be a good idea to get a head count before we all ride off, get/give directions, explain the route and elaborate exactly on where we would be going.

11. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Any updates on who/how many are going? And plans to meet up, when/where?

12. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Yeah I'd like to know what roads you all will be using. I'm going to be camping this weekend in north ga, and will be packing out on the 6th. I may be very close to you guys and my join you for the return home. Although I will probably be very ready for a shower after three days of camping haha.

13. KGraska

KGraska Member

Well I'm definitely going. I'll be in my 06 WRX, my friend Foster is going but he isn't posting in the thread (05 Wagon)...and other than that I'm not sure who else is 100% committed. I'm going to Caffeine and Octane around 7am and will be walking around the show for a few hours. Plan to meet up around 10ish at a nearby gas station then hit 400 for the ride up north.

I've reviewed some of the maps from the thread on here but haven't decided on a route yet. Been way to busy with work...

14. KGraska

KGraska Member

Lets meet at this Shell Station on Windward at 10am and plan on rolling out by 10:30. The Shell is east of 400 on the opposite side of 400 from C&O. This way everyone can gas up and grab any food or drinks you'd like to bring with.

Shell
    6185 Windward Pkwy
    Alpharetta, GA 30005

I'll start working on the route today...any inputs or suggestions are encouraged as it's been a year or two since I've been up there.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  15. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Sounds good! how many will be there?

16. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I may tag along

17. AlexMoffitt

AlexMoffitt Member

I will probably join unless something comes up.

18. KGraska

KGraska Member

Awesome, glad to see some interest in this. Looks like we got 5-6 people at least coming with.

19. KGraska

KGraska Member

So here is the rough map of what we're planning.

On the way home we may split off and take 52 or 53 back towards 575 once we get back in the Dahlonega area. It just depends how much time it takes to do the whole route. I know at least a few of us live in the 575 corridor....it should make for a better trip home than coming back down 400 again.

[​IMG]

20. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Cool, sounds good!
    I may have a a non-wrx friend or two joining if that's cool
    How long do you think this loop will take?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  21. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

The loop takes about an 2 hr with moderate stopping along the way

22. KGraska

KGraska Member

So who all is joining us tomorrow?

23. Western

Western Supporting Member

If I didn't need tires bad, I'd be joining you.

24. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

I'll be there!

25. KGraska

KGraska Member

FYI a few of us are bringing walkie talkies to communicate between vehicles. If anyone planning on coming has one with them...bring it along. Unfortunately I don't have extras.

Looking forward to an awesome run tomorrow!

26. bluedestiny

i'll be there

27. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Where everybody at?!

28. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Sorry guys...got stuck behind a camper...headed back to atl

29. AlexMoffitt

AlexMoffitt Member

I'm almost happy you decided to head home, a couple cops passed us. I was afraid they'd get you trying to catch up.

I should have gotten your number but it wouldn't have done me any good in that situation, I had no signal up there.

Will you be at the meet up on Tuesday?

30. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Yeah, sorry about that. As soon as we left Blood Mountain, I was behind the trailer for quite some time. Then when I finally got to that Turner Station, or whatever, I had no idea which way you guys went. I had to get back to ATL for something at 3:30, so I just headed back. Hopefully you guys did not wait too long. :eek:hnoes: This was the only place I had to contact everyone. (note to self - get numbers).
    I'll try to make Tuesday.

31. KGraska

KGraska Member

Sorry we got separated. We'll have to do it again soon. Next time I'll have to get you a radio

Thanks again to Chip for leading the way.

32. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

No worries. Again, I just hope you guys weren't waiting around for to long. It was fun though!
    I'll post up a couple pics tomorrow.

33. bluedestiny

Thanks to Kevin for organizing; it was thoroughly a good time.

34. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

A couple of pics from the fun:

[​IMG]

This one may not work as it is a panorama

[​IMG]

35. Holc13WRX

Nice! Really disappointed I had to miss this. If anyone wants to do mountain run even spur of the moment let me know! I am always up for one if I am in town.

36. Redrunner

Redrunner New Member

I was sick! Couldn't make it. Sucks because there is a terrible lack of red in the variety. :p

Next time for sure.

37. Brock Samson

Brock Samson Member

Very cool. We need more mountains out this way.

38. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

What time did you guys leave? Was At shell at 10 but someone said you were already long gone. Definitely want to jump in on this next time.

39. Holc13WRX

This is the July 6th mountain run... IF you are talking about the one from last weekend, I believe it got cancelled, but I'm not 100% on that.

40. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

I was I think you are correct.

41. KGraska

KGraska Member

It was cancelled. Sorry for the inconvenience but I had some personal stuff to take care of. No one really posted in the thread so I didn't think anyone else was going to show up. Will probably head back for another run in September.

42. bluedestiny

Some of us who could not otherwise make Kevin's run connected with the 86 forum people who separately invited WrxAtlanta by FB, and that group left C&O at 08:00a for an early run, which turned out to be great.

Looking forward to Kevin for organizing a run for next month if all goes well.