Tint

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by LBFF, Apr 25, 2014.

1. LBFF

LBFF New Member

I've been looking throughout this forum and couldn't find anything about getting your car tinted. Any links on here? Any suggestions from the peanut gallery? Thanks.

~LBFF

2. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

3. Allpro Subaru

Allpro Subaru Registered Vendor Supporting Member

4. KDean

KDean Member

I second Lance - he's awesome. He did my 2013 and he's doing my 2015 tomorrow as a matter of fact.

5. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

^^will he take existing tint off for a retint?

6. pleiades

pleiades Member

Lance did mine too great job good price I pulled off my tint on all the doors and lance took care of removing the rear window tint for me in the process

7. LBFF

LBFF New Member

Just called Lance at Tink Freaks, and will report back and let y'all know how it went. Won't be for another two weeks, so don't hold your breath :)

~LBFF

8. Bgh318

Bgh318 New Member

I went to the tint guys in Woodstock recently to get my 2013 done. Very happy with it. I think it was like $280 with tax and all that jazz for 3M color stable.

9. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

the guys off hwy 5 in the ditch?

do you have pics?

10. Bgh318

Bgh318 New Member

It's off Main St just south of 92. It is kind of down off the road so maybe we're talking about the same place. Not sure.

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

11. Mad Mallard

nice.

they've been there at least a decade, was considering going there myself.

but now i'm broke...

12. LBFF

LBFF New Member

Just got the tint done with Lance of TinkFreaks. Great job. Got 35% all the way around as well as my sun roof. Subtle, but effective so far.

~LBFF

13. FACE

FACE Active Member

Lance is coming out to do two cars for me on monday...Used him several years ago for the other STi He does excellent work and is a great guy!

14. FACE

FACE Active Member

Didn't happen without pics :cool:

15. coletrain

coletrain New Member

For those up north, Solar Control in Cumming did a nice tint job for me.

16. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I'm wanting to get only my front windshield tinted. Looking for at least 50%. I know not all shops will do it. Anyone know which ones will, particularly in the Marietta area

17. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Contact Lance.

18. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Ok, I'll contact Him thanks

19. KGraska

KGraska Member

The Tint Guy in Woodstock will do it. They only use high quality 3M film

20. Mad Mallard

they advertise that, but be careful, there is online reviews about them vending another product, one with presumably better markup margins, and not volunteering that information to the customer in a prompt fashion.

make sure you ask in detail. I will when I goto them. still broke, tho...

21. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

If you are on a budget, K&L Tint in Norcross is hard to beat. I believe they use Suntek tint and they do a great job. They dont offer lifetime warranty anymore but do offer a 5 year warranty. I have taken two cars to them and they were usually done within an hour and the work is always top notch.

22. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

I just got every piece of glass on a legacy wagon tinted including windshield and sunroof in ceramic tint from three tinters in norcross. I spend a total of $439 and in all honesty it was a hell of a deal. My car doesnt get hot inside even with black leather unless its in the sun for more than 6 hours straigt. Even then it takes the car 5 minutes to be ice cold even with the 130k mile compressor.