Take Over 285

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Redmondson27, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Redmondson27

Redmondson27 New Member

Just an Idea, Wanted to see if sometime in this near future, we could possibly get as many people together and roll in a pack around the entire 285 loop. Last time I saw this done was in Maryland. (Of course right after I sold my Original Subaru in 2004.)

Again it's an idea that I've been thinking about. If anyone else thinks it's possible or wishes to help and participate. Lets get the ball rolling. Obviously its going to be hard with everyone's unique schedules. (Trust me, I know I am a single father of a young daughter, but she loves the Scooby.)

2. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

I'm totally down!

3. Redmondson27

Redmondson27 New Member

alright then, that's awesome. Lets start seeing if we can get more together, It would be awesome to get atleast 80-90% of WRXAtlanta together for a group ride, show off our presence here in Atlanta.

4. tallgeese2

tallgeese2 Member

im down but ill be in my truck due to my on going build on my wrx. could get some good pics sitting high up

5. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Post it up on the WRXATL FB page too.

6. suomi82

suomi82 Member

I'm in, just set the date WELL beforehand.

7. nygiant

nygiant Member

i'm down

8. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

9. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

In...if I am around for the date!

10. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

What date are we thinking for this. If it's in July I know I'll be available. GF is leaving for a month and a half haha.

11. Andr3w

Andr3w Member

I'd be down for sure!

12. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

13. coletrain

coletrain New Member

Sounds cool!

14. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Keep in mind that 50% of them no longer drive Subaru's.

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

I don't think the leaf pile would make it around 285 and if it did it would take 48 hours

16. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

We all need to meet somewhere near the perimeter, drive 1 mile together in caravan, then split so we can all make it home on our charge. Would be the best meet ever.

17. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Went to the Florida club's event in February, it was cool to see well over 100 Subaru's in a line, just to get to the starting point, and eventually over 200 started.

Seemed like as with most events, 50% of RSVP's showed up; they were going for a guiness record for the most subaru's in a caravan, and were a bit short. Still fun though.

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

At one point, we all got together for photos at RA. It was for our 555ish member I think. Anyway, I took the photos and it WAS bad ass to see 150+ cars rollin' into the track. We also got a corral at the Petit too, it was a great way to show off our "clubs" numbers.

19. Wycked304

Wycked304 New Member

Count me in!!

20. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

This photo ;) It was great

Attached Files:

21. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

any updates on this?

22. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

My HD crashed with all those images years ago. I never had a BU of them, either. That's pretty much when I learned why a BU system is kind of important.

23. FACE

FACE Active Member

I could bring the STi out. She has been a little lonely lately.

24. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

i'm totally down for this. We had 5 of us leaving the dinner meet tuesday and that was fun enough haha

25. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

Until we hit that awful construction. Then It was 20 minutes of clutch leg cramp.

26. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Thank God I was going the other direction :D

27. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

I had decided just to kind of run around 285 for kicks and giggs, had some fun in traffic, but i swear the guy who had that ridiculous turbo set up on his kept blowing my doors off. Shook my bugeye when he zoomed by. Japanese muscle is the best.

28. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

LOL sorry, Jeff bowman insisted I act like a hooligan for his viewing pleasure.

29. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

No complaints on my side. Just gives me inspiration for what the future could hold, power wise.

30. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

I keep passing quite a few WRX/STi's and think it would be fun to drive around 285 with a bunch of them...so, any updates on this?

31. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

I'm down!

32. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

Maybe we should start some discussion about this at dinner next tuesday. See if we can't get plans in the works.

33. ed_castre

ed_castre New Member

Im down!

34. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

any new developments on this one?

35. Cwayda

Cwayda New Member

Waiting on some feedback for this!

36. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Ok, let's get some info started then:

1) I am assuming it will be on a weekend correct?
    2) Morning, evening? With this being football season, should we shoot for a morning?
    3) I think it is safe to assume we can leave out holiday weekends.
    4) Just a thought as I am sure if/when we get this together, people will have camera's and go-pro's running...would it be worth it to plan it for leaf changing season?

37. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Lets do it. I'm thinking pretty early morning on a weekend... Traffic is bad even on weekends by about 1030-11.....

38. Redmondson27

Redmondson27 New Member

Haha Sorry everyone, I'm glad to see so many people willing to do this. Can everyone swing september 13 or 14? we can meet somewhere near Smyrna, and then jump and take over the two left lanes of 285 and circle ATL. Just let me know. for a more direct response email me at: redmondson27@gmail.com

39. Redmondson27

Redmondson27 New Member

Go-pro's and even dropping off into downtown scenic areas and shooting is awesome. Just let the ideas flow, lets get this set up and commence on it!:sx:

40. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

I think we might need more than a couple days notice for everyone
    I can't do this weekend as I am prepping the car for a track day next Friday at amp
    Maybe shoot for mid to late October?

41. Redmondson27

Redmondson27 New Member

That works. let's see what date everyone can agree on, I'm open to any ideas.

42. skWRX

skWRX Member

I'm interested in this. I recently got a 11 wrx a few months ago and would like to meet the people here

43. 95 L Sti

95 L Sti New Member

I'm interested also, just let me know when and where and I'm there.

44. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

Agreed. Ive got to go get a wrecked wrx this weekend. And I need to get a GoPro. But lets make this happen!

45. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

I'm up for this as well! Let's get a date figured out - this would be fun :)

46. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Still in whenever we get something planned. Maybe by then I'll have perfected my GoPro rig. I have an external mic coming in soon.

47. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

So, I guess we should start with some dates then...I'll start...

October 25th (GA (not my team) is off that week) - go vols!

48. Master Volume

Master Volume Member

I don't "sports" so this works for me as well.

49. Cwayda

Cwayda New Member

Roll Tide :eek:hnoes:

I'm ok with the 25th, Just have to tune the radio to the game!

50. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

HA! I thought that might start some things.
    We should be done by any game time right? Maybe, a plan to end at a sports bar could be in the works too?