Newbie looking for advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AquaLily, Sep 17, 2014.

1. AquaLily

AquaLily New Member

My name is Madelyne, known as Aqualily on some blogs, and I am an active sports enthusiast and an adrenaline junkie.

I work as an Admin Assistantfor a lumber company going through college for a computer degree and foreign affairs.

I am here to gather information on a good used model of an older STI. I am finally in the market to buy an STI. I have tried research on my own to figure out a hatchback or sedan. I am somewhat set on a hatchback style. But am not sure of the year. Has to be newer than 2004 but older than 2010. At least I narrowed the field a little.

But some good pointers and advice would be greatly appreciated. :):wiggle:

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

2008 was the first year of the STi hatch. If you're sold on just getting a hatch, go for 08-10. Alternatively, you can get a 2011 WRX hatch for about the same price, and it could work out better for you. You don't get the brakes or the transmission, but it's still a great platform.

3. AquaLily

AquaLily New Member

I am not set set on a hatch, but it looks cool and i guess because the time of day im driving i dont see that many of them.
    But okay aside from the hatch. What doni need to look for in between the years 04-10?

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

06 to 07 wagon will be cheap to insure and has the 2.5 and better brakes than the earlier models. 08 to 10 STI is hatch only.

5. AquaLily

AquaLily New Member

Okay so on the hatch idea,
    I do want a STI, not a regular WRX...
    But between the years 08-10 for the STI, what should I look for to ensure what is good to get?
    What specs should I see and test out?

Any reviews on these models?

Please and Thank you! :)

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

there was no difference between the three years of STi.