New/Used Car Options????

Discussion in 'Meta' started by sikwrx04, Oct 26, 2014.

1. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

Hey guys, so i finally sold my Subie today......But I'm not gonna lie, i was pretty ecstatic when it left....so now my question is I'm in the market for a new/used car within the next week...and im looking to spend 14-16k. I've had my eye on an 07 is350 for along time but just trying seeing what my other options are? I would love a used 07/08 335i but they have so many issues i don't even want to bother with it. What do you guys think? Im also looking at 08-09 328i? are they reliable and less problems then the 335i?

Here what I'm looking for
    Luxary Sport Sedan, doesn't matter auto or mt...not picky at the moment

Suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. b reel

b reel Active Member

If you have the time and a dealer connection, I'd hit the auction. Prices have dropped and you can find a good deal

3. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

I can probably borrow my parents car for a week or so...but other then that all i have is my bike...and its starting to get cold too

4. KGraska

KGraska Member

If you have disposable income for parts and upgrades get the 335. They are very fun to drive and you can push 400hp to the wheels with a Cobb AP or JB4. Try to find one that has already had the turbos and HPFP replaced under the recall and you should be good to go for awhile. This isn't a mandatory recall so repairs were only completed as needed.

If you need something reliable that you wont throw money at all the time, then stick with the 328 and keep it stockish. No issues with turbos or fuel pumps to worry about.

If you're looking at a BMW you can PM me the last 7 of the VIN and I'll give you the build sheet and every record for the car in BMW's system. This will give you a better idea of how the car was maintained by the PO.

Take a look at the Mercedes C-Class too, very similar to the 328 as far as power and reliability.

5. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

You like g35/g37