Vinyl?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by TURBOH4, Apr 4, 2015.

1. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

I've been considering getting the STi wrapped. I reaaaallly wanted a blue one, haha.

Anyway, are there any vinyl shops that I can trust my car to? I would hate to peel the stuff off 3-4 years later and have my clear coat come off or be all cloudy, or discover a ton of scratches left by careless workers.

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

cheaper to have it painted blue

3. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

If you really want to switch the color, not have to worry about seams with vinyl, and price is in consideration. Try plasti dip.

4. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Look up " Elite Motives" on FB.

5. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

Thanks for the feedback!

I would have it re-painted but honestly I think that a decent paint job would cost more than I'm willing to spend. Also, I don't want to permanently alter the vehicle like that.

The plastidip idea is another option that I had been considering, though it's nearly impossible to get a decent looking coat without having a power sprayer. I may consider it in the future if I want to go that route. That is unless there's a shop that sprays dip in Atlanta?

6. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

I know 2 people with the power sprayer kits.

7. TURBOH4

TURBOH4 Member

Oh nice!

8. KGraska

KGraska Member

There are a few local plastidip installers on Dipyourcar.com

I plastidipped a Prelude I was selling and it turned out really good with the pro kit from the website. We had a car done by one of the local installers for my dealership and honestly it came out better when I did the work myself. You can get the entire kit for less than 500 and spray the car in a weekend.

Vinyl will lay down flatter than the dip and look more professional but most shops that use quality vinyl and know what their doing charge around 2k to have it done. If you lean toward the vinyl, stop by VP Automotive in Kennesaw and look at Vishal's Audi A5. He wrapped it in Avery matte blue and it turned out amazing.

9. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

:bowdown:
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS !!!!!!

10. KGraska

KGraska Member

[​IMG]

Here's the A5 wrapped in Avery vinyl

11. KGraska

KGraska Member

[​IMG]

Prelude dipped Matte White, DIY job with the spray kit.