Need a mechanic QUICK. Boost leak, stumped, need my car fixed this weekend. $$$

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by DannyLerch, Apr 17, 2015.

1. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

I live in SE atlanta and my 02 WRX suddenly developed a boost leak today. Had a decent pull in 2nd gear, nothing too crazy. Regular boost levels, didn't overboost, and shifted at 5500 rpms. Now there is a terrible woosh sound once the boost gauge climbs past 0. I couldn't detect any leaks in vacuum with started fluid. So I assume that the crack only surfaces once the mystery hose gets some pressure. I limped home from work, making sure not to go into boost at all. Luckily for me there was a ton of traffic so I didn't go faster than 25mph all the way home from work.

I will pay handsomely to get this fixed this weekend. I have to have a running car by monday because I started a very important movie this week.(I work in the film business here in town). I could also use some help installing my AP V3 for a stage 2 tune. Getting low voltage readings and it won't let me flash the new map. Maybe needs a jumper from the init jumper to the positive terminal on the battery.

Anyway, so if anyone has experience tracking down boost leaks, please get back to me. Name your price.

Thanks,
    Danny Lerch
    804-381-1170:eek:hnoes:

2. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

Found someone, thanks!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015