roadside bags

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

Mine's getting kinda full.

What do you guys keep in a roadside bag? (if you keep one at all)

I have fluffy winter gloves, 5$ socket ratchet set, road flare, tripod led flashlight, scraper, 20' jumpers, tire iron, notepad and sharpees, hammer, hex multitool, screwdriver bithandle set, OSHA green safety t-shirt, pancho and garbage bag, triangle, bottle of water, USB micro cable, PS fluid and a quart of oil, and a bottle of aspirin.

probably need to add some batteries, a vicegrip, some kind of first aid kit, mad money, rag and shop towels....

2. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Damn, all I keep is screw drivers, knife, lighter and my phone

3. Mad Mallard

oh, a lighter (adds to list)

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

a six-pack of duct tape

5. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Fishing pole next to my other fishing pole so that I can fish while I'm fishing.

6. Mad Mallard

I have so far ended up using my bag 33% for myself, and the rest to help other people...

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

forgot about a plug kit and a can of fix-a-flat but that usually sits inside the spare along with the spline-drive lug and socket... 1/2" breaker bar sits by the driver's seat when brandishing a firearm is uncalled for.

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

AR-15 pistol, 4 loaded mags, socket set, jumper cables, solar usb charger, med kit, thermal blanket, life straw.

9. ptc075

ptc075 Member

Wow, mine's tiny by comparison. Always thought I was fairly well prepared, but after seeing the lists here, clearly I need to reconsider.

I keep a quart of oil & some rags, a ratchet/socket set, flathead screwdriver, a wire brush, jumper cables, and all the tools I'd need to change a tire. Some combination of bailing wire, zip ties, and/or duct tape is also always along for the ride.

10. Mad Mallard

I think probably the most useful has been the long ass jumper cables, 6 gauge copper no aluminum, both for myself and others. i'll never have a pair shorter than 20' again. I've even used it to help charge a dead class B tractor.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  11. Mad Mallard

I keep a squeejee handle. less mass but just as hard and very fast.