Welcome to LeafAtlanta

Discussion in 'LeafAtlanta' started by FTZ, May 30, 2014.

1. orndog

orndog Member

I dunno man, I've never seen a battery last as long as a modern internal combustion engine. What is Nissan's take on life expectancy?

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Battery prices are continuing to drop so if I have to replace it after the warranty it won't be so bad.

Plus the technology is getting better so the distance will only improve. A simple battery replacement is like getting a whole new car.

I bet the battery last longer than any Subaru engine I had in my car.

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I agree with Mike and for under $10k, it is a steal. Mine has some pretty cool technology in it that my Audi or Acura didnt have. I was actually debating to buy mine out but now that I know they will be so cheap next year, I will probably turn mine in and get one in a different color. If you have kids about to be driving, it is a perfect car.

4. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Now that made me chuckle.

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

7 month update...

I still think she looks like a molded pile of dinosaur dung but....

I drive "ElecTricia" like I stole the bitch. In 7 months I need new tires...she is fun to drive and with some decent rubber and struts possibly amazing. More impressive, I just used up my SECOND TANK of GAS in my 94 GMC!!! At 2 tanks a month I would be getting paid well (85-100mo) to drive her. Working out much better than I thought but......................

I believe my wife slowly trying to take her from me and after the SERIOUS, although I found rather amusing, what happened Halloween morning. I may just have to swap cars with her.

I am thoroughly convinced I would never had uttered the phrase below had I been driving any other car I own but this damn LEAF!

"I was a road rage VICTIM!!!"

By a 70yr old dude (in 3 days) until he realized he was going to jail and I had a gun. Oh, and he hit an run, but I got his tag. All should end well with the situation, including the old dude.

Still got 1.5yrs to think about it, but certainly don't regret having her in the family...for now.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

wish this was Russia and we had dash cam footage

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Make sure you inflate your tires to at least 42 psi. The manual is incorrect at saying 36psi. I had to replace mine at about 14 months into ownership with the inside and outside edges on all 4 tires completely bald.

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

It would be a real fun car with some decent tires.screw the mileage work isn't that far and I have yet to experience range anxiety