My introduction thread

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Taylor@TSM, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

Hello everyone,

I have met a few of you, however for those who I haven't met yet I wanted to make a formal introduction. My name is Taylor Leier and I am the new in house tuner for TopSpeed Motorsports. While RobTuned does the GT-R tuning I am responsible for everything else on the dyno here at TSM. I have been with TopSpeed for a little over a month now, but have known Cicio for a number of years. He knew of me from my tuning reputation back home, so when there was an opening here I was, as he said, his first call.

A little background info on me. I am originally from Bismarck, North Dakota where I met Cicio years ago, lived there my whole life obviously until a month ago :) . I'm definitely enjoying the south so far, and am looking forward to taking in more of Atlanta! As for my credentials and tuning background, I owned a small business in ND where I worked on a lot of the turbo charged AWD platform cars. You all can imagine with the weather up there being cold and snow the Subaru and Evo crowd is pretty big. While I know there is always tons to learn and grow in I will say I have been around and tuned my fair share of Subaru’s for sure! Pretty much every “import” car guy in the surrounding states either owns or has owned a Subaru at one time or another and I had become the go to for most all of them for advise and their tuning needs.

My plan is to take the unique challenges I have faced over my tuning career up to this point and grow in knowledge to become the best I can be. I have always said that when you start to have the attitude that you know everything there is to know, then it is time to quit, because you can no longer be taught or learn anything. That will never be me! I’m dedicated to producing the best running, best driving, best starting, fastest Subaru’s in the country out of my new home here at TopSpeed Motorsports. I pride myself in LISTENING to my customer and their goals, wants and desires for their cars. All too often I feel tuners just think they know what is best for every customer and don’t take into consideration their needs. I enjoy communicating, explaining, and getting feedback on how I can do my job the very best for our customers! I have and will tune closed deck, big turbo builds that make tons of power, but I also give the exact same amount of attention to a stage2 STI that must drive and start perfectly for someone who relies on it to do so. My goal is to deliver a well rounded tune that fits the customers goals and desires while communicating the possible benefits and challenges that each unique car may bring. I have to say I am extremely excited to do that as the tuner for who I consider one of the best performance companies in the country!

I plan to be on the forums frequently and keep myself available at all hours to answer whatever questions and help wherever I can. Please feel free to PM or email me if their is any way I can assist with your build or your tuning needs. I will also be starting a thread within the next week that will keep all of you up to date with the dyno happenings here at TSM. I will be sure to keep it 99% Subaru’s, however we are all car guys so if something else cool comes along i’ll post it up.

Thanks so much and I’m looking forward to supporting the community in every way I can!

As for my own personal rides, I don't have anything too crazy or cool by any means, but this is what I have right now.

My 2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition

[​IMG]

And my 2005 Saturn Ion Redline

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've owned the car for over 8 years now and it has just become my toy. Like I said, nothing special, but its fun enough for now until I move on to something faster and more comfortable.

The basic overview of the setup is a built 2.1L bottom end, ported head, cams, 1700cc injectors, Walbro 450, and a Borg Warner S259et 59mm turbo setup. All work and tuning was done by me, of course! On 35 psi the car makes 654whp/552wtq, but I usually run the car in the 500-600whp range, however "party mode" is just a quick turn of the dial away :)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to being active on here, and like I said I'll have that "On the Dyno at TSM" thread up soon!

2. orndog

orndog Member

Nice! Welcome to the forums!

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Welcome to the community!

4. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Welcome! And congrats on making more power than anyone else on here!

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome to the community!

and 654/522 on a FWD Saturn? jesus.

6. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum. It was also nice to meet you at the last monthly meet. Thanks for getting my car taken care of as well! See you in a few days.

7. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Welcome to the group

8. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm excited to become a part of the community.

And yes, its a bit ridiculous in a FWD car lol, but it hooks up half decently on the street. Nothing like AWD though :/

QUOTE=STIstorm;476839]Welcome to the forum. It was also nice to meet you at the last monthly meet. Thanks for getting my car taken care of as well! See you in a few days.[/QUOTE]

It was good to meet you too man! I'll see you when you stop by for the rest of the goodies :D

9. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome!

10. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

It was good to meet you too man! I'll see you when you stop by for the rest of the goodies :D[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to get the rest of my goodies bro. Do you plan on coming to our monthly meet this Saturday night? Also need to bring you out to Caffeine and Octane at perimeter mall.

11. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Note to self. Beware red Saturns.

12. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

Edited my first post since I had a little more time to add in all the details!

I'm hoping to be there! Might have to bust out my winter jacket :lol:

13. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

Welcome dude! While I just sold my 521whp STI, I do have a forester now so I guess we can be friends :D

Don't let Adam's push you around up there either, he's a sucker for a good bourbon and box of cigars.

14. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

Thanks man! Haha no, Mike is a good guy. He doesnt push me around :D

15. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Welcome!

16. Alpharettawrx

Alpharettawrx Member

Hey man, that Saturn is SICK!!

17. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

Thanks man. Its nothing special, but it is pretty fun! The Ecotec's are extremely stout motors.