Kai's 2016 Crosstrek

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by blaze_cunnings, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Hey Everyone! So it's been a while! For those who don't know me, I'm Kai. I've had a few Subarus including RS, STI, Forester.

I was out of the game for a while, but recently I picked up a 2016 Crosstrek with the STI appearance package the last week of December. Unfortunately, I've been traveling a lot for work so finally had a moment to start my new journal.

While this car isn't about speed, I'm already loving it's nimbleness, gas saving (29 MPG) and versatility for my off road passions including camping and biking.

The guys at Troncalli gave me a great deal and worked with me really well on my trade in. Looking forward to having a little more fun and being back in the Subaru!

More decent pictures soon to come!

[​IMG]

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

Very nice my friend!

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

what's the sti appearance pack?

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

I'm driving one as a loaner from classic. I absolutely love it!!!! If I weren't dropping $ into my forester id get one.

The eyesight is amazing!!! Other than lack of power, it's a great versatile car. Congrats!

5. The Crosstrek STi is an appearance package that consists of a shift knob, wheels and a spoiler, and orange stitching on the seats. No performance upgrades unfortunately...but hey 29 MPG!

:wiggle:

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

7. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

hey congrats on the new car Kai!

8. Takeda Intake

Hey Everyone! Finally got around to doing a small mod. Though there's not a lot of performance mods for the Crosstrek, I found online that the Takeda Intake for the Subary Legacy also fit the Crosstrek.

[​IMG]

Packaging from Takeda

[​IMG]

Stock Air Intake

[​IMG]

Here are the parts that came with the intake. They even sent a lot of decals and stickers.

[​IMG]

I can definitely say it was a very simple install, 45 minutes max. One thing was that the hose wasn't long enough so I had to go to Advance to pick one up. It has a nice growl to it when revving. Overall, for a simple mod it was definitely nice and easy to install for the price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    J_P likes this.
  9. Eco Auto Clean

Sweeeeeeeet!! Looking good

10. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Looks purdy.

11. Eco Auto Clean

Great seeing you yesterday Kai!!!

12. Plastidipped and replaced the fogs

So I really hate the chrome accent on the Crosstrek...was bothering me a lot...

[​IMG]

Instead of buying the sports mess grill ($300 really??), decided to plastidipped the grill and fog light covers. I also found some yellow fog laps online, so decided to replace those as well. I ordered them on Amazon: Fog Lamps

[​IMG]

Took the bumper off to remove the grill and replace the fog lamps.

[​IMG]

After thoroughly plastidipping everything and drying over night, I'm very pleased how they turned out. Hooray for no more chrome! Next steps are some yellow supertones, and rally armor mud flaps.

[​IMG]

J_P likes this.
  13. Matt

no badge? are you not proud of boxer? :p

14. Matt

15. Haha NOOOO I am, I ordered a yellow and black badge cause trying to plastidip around the circle was too hard.

I thought about the film tint, but wanted some better bulbs too.

16. Eco Auto Clean

Looks great Kai!!!! If you ever need it cleaned, well your neighbor can vouch for us =)

17. Hella Sharptones

My Hella Sharptones came in yesterday for my birthday. Pretty easy install since I bought the mounting hardware from Subimods. Had to again take off the front bumper to mount the horns.

[​IMG]

Overall nice sound, little deeper than the supertones, but I really liked it. Matches really well behind the plastidipped grill.

[​IMG]

J_P likes this.
  18. lilsanch

lilsanch Member

This is quickly turning into my favorite Crosstrek

19. Rally Armor Mudflaps

Finally got my rally armor mudflaps. Surprised how easy it was to install since I didn't have to take off the wheels.

[​IMG]

Parts that came in.

[​IMG]

Finished Product.

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

J_P likes this.
  20. Got my yellow Subaru emblem stickers today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

J_P likes this.
  21. Installed a light bar from Rally Innovations. Mainly for cosmetic. LED bar coming soon with better pics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    J_P likes this.
  22. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Nice shibas

23. Took some nice photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Shiba's and soobies!

[​IMG]

25. nice Shiba. Sesame color?

26. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Turning into that. She was mostly black as a puppy, but old age has added the grey and wisdom :naughty:

27. got this nice little key chain accessory in the mail yesterday

Ships from Singapore but here's the link: Keychain Link

[​IMG]

28. Opt7

Finally got the brackets to mount my OPT7® C2 Series: 14" Off-Road CREE LED Light Bar. Really easy install and the lighting looks awesome.

Amazon Link

[​IMG]

29. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Looking good.

30. TTiimm

TTiimm New Member

This is a cool Crosstrek.

31. MBRO LED Tail Lights

Finally got my MBRO Tail Lights from Japan after 3 months.

Was really impressed how easy it was to install the tail lights. Two bolts to take off and slide out the tail light.

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

32. Eco Auto Clean

Lovvvvve those tail lights!!!!! car has come a long way in such short time!!

33. Hi, it's been a while. I have some new mods but haven't had time to take pictures or clean the Crosstrek in that matter.

Had my first service change from Troncalli. Guys had me in and out in less than an hour. Really grade A service.

Anyways, managed to find some yellow pinstripe tape and thought I try to give the grill a nice pin stripe look. Not the finest work, but came out nice.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

34. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Looks great Kai!

35. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

36. Now that you mention it....

But actually for real, I got a roof rack with a cargo basket but no not going with the 50" LED bar lol

37. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Smaller light bar mounted to the basket then and with a gas can, come-a-long and spare tire installed within?

38. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

man all these little details going on your car make it look really badass.

Alex and blaze_cunnings like this.