2017 autocross

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Millhouse04, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

So the new year is here both SCCA and AXA have there schedules up. All this before we could really talk much about the off season upgrades.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SCCA:
    SoloAtlanta.com - Alright folks, we have nailed down the... | Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/soloatlanta/posts/1526530807361218

All events will be at Lanier Raceplex
    5301 Winder Hwy, Braselton, GA 30517

2/18/17 - Test Day
    2/19/17 - Points 1
    3/12/17 - Points 2
    4/9/17 - Points 3
    5/7/17 - Points 4
    6/11/17 - Points 5
    7/9/17 - Points 6
    8/13/17 - Points 7
    9/17/17 - Points 8
    10/8/17 - Points 9
    11/11/17 - Points 10
    11/12/17 - Champion of Champions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AXA:
    AutoXAtlanta - Well, we just celebrated our Inaugural... | Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AutoXAtlanta/posts/1183326768412017

All events will be at Atlanta Dragway

Feb 25 TNT
    Feb 26 Points 1
    Mar 26 Points 2
    Apr 23 Points 3
    May 14 Points 4
    May 28 Points 5
    July 16 Points6
    Aug 6 Points 7
    Aug 20 Points 8
    Sept 24 Points 9
    Nov 12 Co-drive challenge

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    bluedestiny and Sparta like this.
  2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Looks like I am free in February. Which would be the better event to sign up for? I've never autox'd

3. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

All events! Noting bets seat time.

Sparta likes this.
  4. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Only one conflict... the last event of the year... seriously... lol

5. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

I saw that, too!

6. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I think I'm going the whore rout this year. I want to see how I do in some better prepped cars. Muff's Miata (XP) and the Ittner's John Deer Mustang (CP) to start. I'll be running my car, too, at some events. I have the car and tires, and until the CEL comes back on, she should be fun to drive. I also think Lee's Dirty-E might be back this year. Lots of options. I would like to give an STU a go if one of you guys are open. With that, I'd like to see how a well prepped STX BRZ/FRS does compared to the C-Street BRZ I ran all last year. Great car, but there's zero throttle steering going on.

Who's up for some off-season Karting to keep our guts in check?

Millhouse04 likes this.
  7. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

This sounds interesting! I a free ride at andretti's, unless you where thing more like the carts at AMP.

8. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Andretti's mainly because it's still fucking cold outside...

Millhouse04 likes this.
  9. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Pm me, i think we could work something out.

10. Spike70

Spike70 New Member

I hope to be able to attend this event.

Millhouse04 likes this.
  11. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

We hope so to, let us know if you have any questions.

12. Spike70

Spike70 New Member

WIll do that. Thank you!

13. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

So it was confrimed with computer diag tools that my noob failure to lock the steering wheel before taking the steering system apart broke the angle sensor... because as much as it shouldnt have a limiter on it, it does actually have a very small plastic thingy that limits it that was broken to bits...

New one is in the mail... So learn from my mistake, dont do what I did... lol

Millhouse04 likes this.
  14. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Motorsportreg links for all Autox stuff that is currently out there.

SCCA Season pass, this includes ALL of the points events and the Champion of Champions event!
    Atlanta Region Season Pass 2017 - http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/atlanta-season-pass-2017-turner-field-green-lot-scca-solo-591602?utm_source=apis&utm_medium=apim&utm_campaign=apic&utm_content=xml

SCCA Test and Tune, this is a GREAT event for seat time as well as getting used to the new surface at the new site
    Atlanta Region Test and Tune 2017 - http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/atlanta-test-tune-2017-lanier-raceplex-scca-solo-912389?utm_source=apis&utm_medium=apim&utm_campaign=apic&utm_content=xml

AutoxAtlanta's Membership Event, they require everyone to be a member of a club.
    Membership Event for AutoXAtlanta 2017 - https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/membership-event-for-autoxatlanta-2017-atlanta-dragway-135405

All this being said, man am I excited about this year...

15. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

In for the TNT and SCCA points 1!

16. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Wow this weekend was fun!

Saturday the weather was meh but not to bad, but Sunday was BEAUTIFUL! Great racing with a fun course. I loved how smooth the lot was and the banking was super fun.

So I bought the Nexen SUR4 for this year. I am very impressed, I dont think it is quite as fast as the stones were, but I LOVE how they drive. For how much the cost they are beyond worth the money.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  17. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Sure was! I have video from Saturday that I haven't looked at, but here's my fastest raw time Sunday...

18. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Yeah great weekend! I got to give Zack a shout out as I found a crack in a rim Saturday and he offered up his new tires.

By the way the rim was purchased 10 months ago. So it is look up to be RMA'ed. JSTuned is working on it as we speak.

19. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Good to hear you can warranty those! I should probably be checking my wheels more often.

Also good job Jeff in being damn fast right out the gate!

20. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Racing is more than just trying to win, plus we make a damn good car setup team when it comes down to it.

Nice! Warranties are great when you can use them. I am sure your wallet is happy about that!

21. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

22. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

^ Good stuff! Not sure I can make #2, yet.

23. dwx

dwx Member

I should be there for points #2. There is a contingent trying to make it up to the CCR event in Charlotte on the 4th (Saturday) as well. It's a bit more expensive but the venue is great. It's similar to the surface as Lanier but not dirty and at least 5 times as big.

24. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

25. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

^ Working that course during fun runs, I kinda see why the workers would bunch up, especially at Station 2... There's a lot going on and not a good place to stand that leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy!

26. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

yah when i was at station 2 i was happy i had Dana spotting for me, but in the afternoon without a dedicated spotter, and the pro vette's running i honestly lost my nerve with the two directions and i hovered around 1 and 3 and the concession stand

27. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

I don't blame you at all!

Great shots! I may add a couple to my collection... Need some with the Z on the DGR coilovers.

28. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

That one picture of me narrowly missing a cone is quite awesome. It looks like I am right on the corner of it.

My word yesterday was fun... like I am having racing withdraws already fun...

29. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

My lower half let me know that I was axing when I tried to roll out of bed this morning...!

30. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I hope I didn't scare you! FUN RUNS is the perfect name for those. That course was unreal, an absolute blast. So sideways at 65mph is about THE most fun thing I've done in my car. Sorry tires, but there's something about this drifting thing.

SubieEngineer likes this.
  31. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

So who is exited for Sunday?!?

PS no word on the wheel yet. ugh might need a co-drive.

32. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I got ya man, we can share mine.

I really need to name this thing something, The Grape? Grimace? Purple people eater?

33. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Purple Cone Eater has a nice ring to it... Kinda like Grimace, too. Purple Drank...? I remember seeing some vehicle in Houston that was purpled-out and the tag said GOT PURP, or something like that.

I have no name for the Z, yet... I knew of a guy that referred to the STI Limited as "The Gentleman's STI." I used that, until I did the motor build. Then it was "The Gentleman's Mistress." Bitch takin' all my $$$!

34. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I think I like Grimace, because I am sure that is what face I make while driving it fast and I know I've seen more than one passenger grimace as well.

and who doesnt like cheeseburgers...

35. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Why not have both...?

[​IMG]

Millhouse04 likes this.
  36. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

LOL!!!

There is so much wrong with that picture...

Millhouse04 likes this.
  37. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

LOL. It gets better... Houston is an interesting mixture of car cultures...! Submitted without comment (last OT post for awhile!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Millhouse04 likes this.
  38. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

So who all is coming to Dixie next weekend?

39. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Wish I was, but I'm out for this year. Maybe next year I'll finally attend Dixie...

40. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Wish I could come back out this weekend but I'll be doing AMP with Jzilla. Looking forward to next month though!

41. Millhouse04

Millhouse04 Member

Ok that was a really great course! I have to give another shoutout to Zack for the co-drive. Those Nexens are really starting to grow on me, especially if I can get a sub 1 sec to Bryan o_O

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  42. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I dont think there was that much time left on that course for us to be honest, he is just stupid fast in that vette...

43. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Again, I seriously need an actual LSD... -_-

44. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Wish ARSCCA luck at Dixie this weekend! There are actually quite a few folks going this year, its going to be fun!

45. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Wish I could go... Hopefully next year!

May you drive both fast and smooth, and may all your cones wobble in the box and stay upright.

Millhouse04 likes this.
  46. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

That needs to be on a tshirt or coffee mug or something. lol

47. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

BTW, I dug my gopro out to charge it for this weekend.

I found videos on it from Points 1 2016 and 2016... lol

I watch a couple of them, dear lord was my car slow and wallowed through turns like a fat pig... Its SOOOO much better now.

48. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Damn, son... Use that poor GoPro!

49. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I havent had trouble using it, I've had trouble remembering to upload the videos and trim them... lol

50. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Touche... Which reminds me... I haven't looked at my vids from the last event... -_-