A street car day at the Drag Strip

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Bobbysuniv, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Bobbysuniv

Bobbysuniv New Member

Hey folks, I'm Bobby (thank you Captain Obvoius) from the SRT forums. I am trying to get a "street car" day at the drag strip going. I know drag racing is not everyone's "cup of tea " however, it is something everyone can do, cheaply. So here's the scoop so far.
    What we are trying to do is get a "street" car day at the track. You have to drive it in to run it. In other words, street legal. The event will most likely be held at Twiggs just outside of Macon. Tentatively we are looking at mid Feb. to mid March. We are working out details on cost, but obviously the more that attend the cheaper it will be. I am working on a few sponsors for the event to make it even cheaper or dare I say, free to race. The racing format will be basically challenge whomever you want and run 'em. So if you are interested in attending, (not necessarily racing) please reply to this thread so I can guage intrest and get the ball rolling a little faster on this thing.

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Is Twiggs an 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile track?

The f-body (Firebird/Camaro) club I was in held track days at Silver Dollar (Reynolds) once or twice a year. Real nice track, not horribly expensive, and nice people to deal with.

3. Bobbysuniv

Bobbysuniv New Member

Unfortunately 1/8, the 1/4s don't open til later in the spring. But if this one is succsessful we can work on getting our own day at the bigger tracks. Twiggs is a nice place though. Good clean track.