323wlb-ft, 308whp, ej20, TMIC, so SMOOTH

Discussion in 'Subaru of Gwinnett PD' started by siegelracing, Jan 22, 2006.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i still need a ride in ur car gary... but im scared to do it cuz my car will feel slow as hell after that

2. Gawrx

Gawrx Member

Anytime Milo....
    Found a JDM 6spd,should be getting that sometime next week. Then it'll be ready for a retune...this time the stock 5spd tranny won't be holding us back. Still debating on a FMIC.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

JDM 6-speed :eek3: nice
    cant wait to see how much power u make without having the trannny hold u back... im waiting to take a ride in ur car... im totally tied up this week... maybe we could meet up for lunch next week sometime?

also if ur free, we have another dyno day at topspeed on the 11th... hope to see u out there

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So milo how many bottles of Heet will fill up that thing? I think I am gonna try to find meth locally and just use it as it would be better to tune on my local source I would think. MMMmmmm I hope I get a good tax return....lol

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

5 bottles of heet fill up my under hood tank... thats about 0.5 gal... at sam's club, u get a 12 pack of heet for $9.26 which is the cheapest i have found... still much more expensive than methanol

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

SS played with my tune some the other day and now i feel the punch right at 3200 (as opposed to 4000 as u can see in the plot)... cant wait for dyno day to see my new numbers

7. Afande

Afande Member

Milo, before you get a ride in Gary's car make sure you have some money to spend immediately after the ride....trust me on that one!
    Is it worthwhile to put meth on a "small" turbo ..i.e stock, vf34, 16g etc...i.e would it be better to meth a vf34 or 16g or just get an 18g or green and call it a day?

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

theres gonna be an 18g/FMIC equipped wrx comin to SS for tuning... hopefully on march 5th... we can compare plots then

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

:D :D If the clutch falls thorugh I'll be calling SS to plan the tune. Stocker is getting really soft.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

doooo iiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt :D

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Haha let me see if the money tree has started growing yet.....lol

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

time to chop it down again :D

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:rofl:

14. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Not sure how I missed this thread and for so long! What do you think this will do in Autocross Milo??

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

well, i'll find out soon :)
    now to try to get better tires

16. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

It rips pretty hard from about 3500 in second gear, so if he can stay over that ;)

SS

17. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

What about classing? Will this pull you out of SM?

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i believe not

19. Alex

Went for a ride last night. The tune-up Scott did definately kicked it up a few notches :bigthumb:

20. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

sure did..... BAM!!!

21. Alex

i think at this point, its more like WHAM!

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hey Milo I called Scott today and guess what......I FREAKING CHOPPED THE TREE DOWN!

Haha I can't wait. New clutch is going in Thursday night.

Meth injection and tune March 3rd. Party later that night! :naughty:

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:bowdown: :bowdown:

24. Alex

Cant beat that!

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I can't wait.....if only I can get that freaking clutch setup to work.

Just so you guys know I am doing a Sti flywheel, PP,and clutch swap. Takes a little clearancing of the 5mt bellhousing and I am getting real close to making it work. Kingpin has done this on several cars. I have dropped that tranny 4 times already and 1 more time should do it. The stock STi setup should hold all the torque I will be making (hopefully 350 tq from what SS tells me). I didn't like the WRX upgrades as most are 6 puck disks and they just grab too hard for the WRX tranny in my opinion.

Oh yeah I am taking tons of pics and I will be writing up a how to for you guys. It isn't that hard to do the clutch....just a freaking heavy tranny to lift up on your own.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  26. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

less than 2 weeks left

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Tell me about it. I already feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. And I can't even drive the car right now.

Oh yeah it's a Fidanza 9.5 lb flywheel going in. Hope SS can clear the CEL's or take care of them....he said put it on! Bring on the CEL's! No Bring on the REV'S!

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Crap the STi setup not work without modifying the bellhousing A LOT. I went in knowing that I had to modify the internal ribbing but now there isn't even room for the TO bearing due to a thicker pressure plate. Good thing is I am getting a WRX lightened flywheel and a 6 puck clutch setup today so the car should be ready to go tonight.

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

good luck man... u got less than 2 weeks

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's alive! Got her back on the road last night. Gave up on the STi setup and my sponsor came through with a WRX setup. Fidanza lightweight flywheel, Zoom pressure plate with 20% more clamping force and a 6 puck sprung disk. Let me tell ya that 6 puck grabs so good I am scared to launch the car which I rarely do anyways (only time was at the track). The 6 puck is definately a learning experience as you can't slip it like the stocker but I like it not to mention the REVS! Feels like I gained 20 hp due to the car revving so easily now and building boost a lot quicker.

Meth kit is being shipped to me today so I am ready for next Friday!

31. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

cant wait man... im gonna see if i can take the day off and hang out with u guys in the beast

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That'll be sweet. Just let me know so I can disconnect the Sparco race harness and make the back seat accessable (I have got to get the harness bar). It'll only take me 5 mins.

33. Alex

CoolRex, the setup sounds crazy. As a WRXatlanta Admin, I require a ride :wiggle:

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You are more than welcome to hang around that day.....the more load the better the tune! If not catch up with me at the party and I'll give ya a little spin. Hope I can impress a few people. Funny thing is around here people try to compare my car to the local STi that has 350tq and 325 hp. Of course it pulls hard but it also falls flat on its face quick (stock turbo). Everytime we race, we are dead even until I hit 4th gear and my gearing advantage takes over and I eventually pull a car or two on him. My car right now is so smooth that it feels like it isn't moving but that speedo sure is.

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

For reference if anyone is looking for me on March 3rd here is what the car looks like:

Attached Files:

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u will be the only other guy with the wing risers

37. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

oooooh, aspen white, thats tooooo sexy :bigthumb:

38. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks...I try :D

39. Alex

Ah, very nice looking :)

40. KingofSiam

KingofSiam Member

Hey...

Can anyone link me to Miloman's setup?

41. Alex

42. brettedmonds

brettedmonds Member

coolrex....just to let you know which i already know you went with the wrx setup. i have done the sti flywheel clutch and pp twice in my car. once in the stock tranny and now in the ra tranny. i got pics and have been meaning to post a how to if anyone wants it. feels like a stock clutch but a little more pressure and grabs great. i talked to kingpin about it and it wasnt bad at all. just get a couple beers and a grinder and you good to go

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Mine would not work at all. The PP was not the stock STi PP and was a LOT thicker than the WRX one. The face plate that actually touches the disk was a good 1/2 inch - 3/4 inch thicker than the WRX one. Because of that it pushed the throw-out bearing way out farther than needed and there was no room to move the TO bearing. This was an aftermarket PP so that was likely the problem. Next time I may opt for the STi PP since I have the flywheel and disk already and the bellhousing is already grinded and ready ;)

44. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

45. Secreto

Secreto New Member

whoa. man that is serious.. well hopefully if everything goes right i won't be that far. nice ride man.