Thinking about buying a new car

Discussion in 'General Community' started by slowwrx, Mar 1, 2006.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

So I totaled my Supra on Saturday. Long story short Mickey Thompson Drag radials not so good in the rain. I'm fine the car is totaled.

So now I need to buy another car here is my list.

Hardtop Supra (and put all my stuff back on it)

FRC Corvette(Kenne Bell Blower just came out)

05 Mustang (again with the Kenne Bell)

05 STI ( If I bought this it would be as a track car)

04 Cobra(bottom of my list)

After the insurance settlement I can buy another Supra and be back at square one, I can buy a vette sell all the supra parts and probally make money. Or I can buy an STI put a suspension on it and probally end up with alot of cash left over.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Matt

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i always have loved the supra... also u mentioned earlier that u had always wanted one... so for the short time that u did have one, do you feel that u have satisfied that craving?

glad to hear u r ok

3. slowwrx

They are fun cars, but to me atleast they are more of a daily driver type fun car. I'm really not much of a daily driver kind of person. I like cars with fire systems and roll cages. I like things that require parachutes and wheelie bars.

I'm just not good at owning nice cars, I always find myself looking at things and saying to myself man that looks heavy I should take it out.

Its probally going to take me a while to decide.

Matt

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Friend of mine has a C5 Z06 with a Vortech blower on it (stock motor), made 540whp on pump... not too bad for what he's invested.

5. slowwrx

Yeah, the new Kenne Bell kit just dropped and its supposed to make 550-600hp and just as much torque all the way across the rpm range.

That should be a really fun car to drive.

Matt

6. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Karma.... funny how it works.

7. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

glad your ok matt.

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i don't know any background but that was unnecessary... please keep personal squabbles personal and off these boards

9. slowwrx

Just remember Doug, your the one that started all this. You talked shit about me and J before I even knew who you were, just because the car had a batlground sticker on it.

Edit, Thank you Milo

I wont comment any further

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

guys... this ends now or this thread is locked

11. slowwrx

I didnt see your post when I posted Milo

12. slowwrx

Thanks

Thanks, I'm fine a little sore but fine none the less

13. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Damn that sucks, good to hear you're alright.

I'd go for the Vette unless something about turbo lag is drawing you back to the Supra. A nice high HP Vette will be good at the drags or on Road Atlanta. Is there any dyno charts of the Kenne Bell equipped Vette and is that on the old LS1s or the LS2 motors?

14. slowwrx

I havent seen a dyno chart for the vette yet. Judging by all the other cars they have done it wouldnt be to hard to guesstimate the results.

15. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i worked on a miata the other day with a kenne bell blower on it and i liked it. I think you would be happy going that route with anything you get.

16. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Have you considered the c6 z06? :ddirty:

I guess it really depends on how much cash you would like back. For pure track, I think all the cars you listed + supporting suspension mods would be more than just fun. I guess, you are really just buying the shell you prefer, since ultimately they're all going to the same purpose and will all end up roughly equal power (knowing you :bigthumb: ).

17. slowwrx

Yeah I have been thinking about a c6 z06 but the market for them is extremely over inflated right now. While I dont mind spending the money I also hate wasting money for no reason. In 6 months the price will drop like a rock.

18. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

i would have to say the c5 zo6 with a blower, cam and exhaust. my best friend just got his blower installed and tuned on his z06 and it made 574 on pump gas. The car is a freaking animal as a daily driver and still some what civilized. Even when the car just had a cam and exhaust it was pretty dang fast for the money he had in it. but the supra is the same way, easy to make huuuuuge hp. My brother had a 700 hp supra for a few years and it made a sweeeeeet daily, but i think if it was my choice id go with the blown vette.

19. javid

javid Member

:confused:

Glad no one was hurt.

If its for track use then get a C5 or an STi.

20. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

I like the idea of a Corvette, but I test drove a 2006 Mustang GT and I was really impressed and I really liked it.

21. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I think your list is an excellent one, I'd take anyone of them, I would hope someday I'd be in situation that required such a difficult decision :keke: .....seriously though supras are bad ass, that is my vote, and also glad to hear your ok!!!

22. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

You know what my choice is Matt...A 95 or 95 Nissan Skyline....Of course....the best..if you can get one...LOL.....Glad that you are OK too.

Mark

23. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

lol mark i would go for a wrx, sti or a evo.. and maybe just maybe nissan 350 z

24. slowwrx

I considered buying a Skyline, but I think they are really over rated cars. Right now I'm leaning more towards the vette with a blower. I think the vette would be a cheap fun track toy(less than 30k).

25. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Dude, two words for you, Suzuki Forenza. That should be a no brainer, just image the potential that car has. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

26. slowwrx

I considered putting a 2jr in a gc8 coupe and making it rear wheel drive. But the hours of endless fabrication that would be required kinda hurt my feelings.

27. Glad you are OK.

My choice would be a wagon with an engine swap. :D

But out of your choices, a vette is the best one for what you seem to want.

28. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

personally i would drive all and see which one had the attitude that fit my style of driving. more road course, autox, or drag strip? awd or rwd? heavy or light? coup or sedan?. you can make anything a beast. some beasts just tend to fit better in certain jungles ;)

29. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

good luck dude

30. basha

basha New Member

evo RS if you are looking for a track car..

no bells and whistles so you won't really find anything that you want to take out :)