Dyno Day at Top Speed on Saturday 3/19

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by yerrow, Feb 15, 2005.

1. 02subiwrx

02subiwrx Member

Hey I am new to the site, just totaled out my prelude and got a 02 wrx. I want to go to the dyno day depending on what day it is and if i have to work or not. Also sounds like a great time to meet you guys
    -Chris

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to the site buddy... hope to see u around soon

3. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

I hate to post this question on this topic, but is there any where to get parts for my sti in atlanta, or nearer than california? Or any speed shops you all recommend?

4. 02subiwrx

02subiwrx Member

Thanks I just hope the dyno day is not on a day that I have to work.

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

There are a few places around locally to get parts for our cars, all depends on what you are looking for. Topspeed, Knowledge Performance and Subaru of Gwinnett would probably be the best places to check.

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Welcome to WRXAtlanta.

There are a lot of good stores around Atlanta. ^^ Jason's got a good list.

7. rolling_trip

Thanks, this is my first subaru and i have only had it for almost 6 month. it sucks dealing with people on the west coast. i will check these guys out.

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Welcome aboard brother.

9. Porter

Porter Member

OK guys, sorry for the delay.

We will have a Mitsu group here on the 12th, it was a pre-existing committment.

March 19th or the 20th would be great for us if you guys are down for it.

The rate is $40 a car as long as we have at least 10 cars.

Let me know which day you want to do it and we'll put it on the schedule!

:D

Jason Porter
    TopSpeed

10. smjkxsnoopy

smjkxsnoopy Member

ill be up for it if my accesport comes in before the dyno date

11. Loud1

Loud1 New Member

Hey Milo What's Up? Give me a call at the shop.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Loud1: will do... haven't talked to u guys in a long time

Porter: i will be travelling to philly on the 19th... so i won't be able to make it on the 19th... but we still have a lot of people going

to all... if ur name is on the list and u do not intend on going, then let me know so i can take u off the list... me need at least 10 people for the $40 rate... also if u wanna go for sure and i have not added u to the list, let me know

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Might as well take me off, I don't know if I will have off work.

14. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

count me in still

15. rolling_trip

just give me directions and a time and i will be there

16. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

If the others don't work out we can do 10 cars for $69 each. I know it's not quite Topspeed's price, but to do 10 I'll have to be paying another helper too....

Siegel

17. Porter

Porter Member

Looks like the 19th it is!

If everyone who's planning on going could drop me an email at

info@topspeedsales.com

to confirm I would appreciate it. I just need your name, the type of car you have, and a contact number.

We'll plan on cooking out, too. We'll have the grill fired up! :D

18. Loud1

Loud1 New Member

Knowledge will match the 40.00 for ten or more cars.

19. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I hope to see everyone out here again for the dyno day. I know some of you have done some mods and some haven't since the last time you were dyno'd. I also wanted to say that we do have race gas here for those who would like to make a run on it .

Maybe if were lucky we can get Giovanni to grill up some food.

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats a good deal... we'll keep that in mind next time... however, this one will take place at TopSpeed because of the planning already involved

we'll talk off this thread sometime to plan a dyno day at knowledge a couple months down the road

i'll call u guys sometime to catch up with what y'all been upto these past couple months :D

21. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'm down for the 19th as well....I'd like to call some kind of dibs on an earlier run. I got bumped on the last dyno day after sitting there for ever...

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i remember... that sucked... i guess this time we could have a sign up sheet at topspeed so that it truely is first come first serve

23. Porter

Porter Member

There will be a sign-up sheet, and we have no prior committments that day, i.e. problematic Supras. :lol:

The first car will go on at 10:00AM and we'll rock and roll until everybody's done. We will probably be able to do more than 10, but it depends on how things go.

24. GTscoob

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to run but it depends what my spring break plans end up being.

25. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Yerrow if you can add to the list 2 of my friends are gonna come down and get dyno'd.
    a 1999 BMW Dinan M3 and a 2003 RSX Type-S
    Craig

26. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

27. GTscoob

Please dont tell me the Dinan M3 is some kid that goes to your high school.

Thats crazy power for some high schooler.

28. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

email Sent to Porter.

I'll be there Exactly at 10.

29. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

He got the used M3 for about as much as a new WRX costs, and dinan package was a christmas and birthday gift combined.

Craig

30. GTscoob

As long as he's cool about it that's fine by me, I went to a similar HS and there were two kids with brand new 330Ci's who thought they were the shit.

31. nazsub1

nazsub1 New Member

Milo,

If there is still room on the list, please sign me up. I'm new to this site, don't have a rex, but am curious to see how my Forester XT compares on the dyno. Thanks,

Nazz
    '04 Forester XT

32. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

nazsub1: u've been added... this is not the official list of who gets to dyno but more to give us an idea of how many people plan on going... porter will have a sign up sheet at topspeed and it will be first come first serve i believe

33. Still on the 19th right? I'll be there, if for no other reason than free food. :) I guess put me on the list, I may run if there's time

34. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

You should man, it will pretty fun.

35. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I've never seen him brag about his car, I think I talk more about cars than he does :p
    I'll keep him in line though

Craig

36. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

word? I wanna see what this Dinan thing makes anyways.

37. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I will most likely have to work, but if not, I will come out. I need to get dyno'd after the EcuTek, STi IC, and Midpipe, and just maybe, if I am lucky I will get my god damn muffler. I am really starting to get pissed about that one. I have only been waiting for 3 months.

38. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Still sounds like it's ridin stock. I'm sorry dude. I would call customs and start bitchin'.

39. GTscoob

Your muffler ha, I've been waiting for my car for 3 months.

It should be done in time for dyno day (if not someone up at SOG is gonna die).

40. Porter

Porter Member

Well, an automatic to manual swap can be a real headache if you've never done one before. I hope they're putting a 5MT ECU in the car, otherwise you'll never get rid of the CE light. The auto ECUs look for a torque signal from the transmission control unit.

41. GTscoob

Everything I've read on SVX, Legacy, and WRX auto->manual swaps say that there is just one wire going to the ECU that you clip and then you wont get the CELs.

Anyways this dyno day looks to be a lot of fun, lotsa cars at a good shop; I'm looking forward to it.

42. Porter

Porter Member

The SVX conversion and the WRX conversion are very different... the SVX (pre-96) is easy because the trans and the motor are totally independent of one another and the trans operates mostly hydraulically. The WRX is a bit different, the TCU decides when to shift electronically based on data it gets from the ECU and the vehicle speed sensors. I'm sure they'll figure it out, Bob and the crew are good at unusual projects like that. I'll have to call up there and see if ol' Bob is ripping his hair out over the wiring diagrams, LOL.

43. 02subiwrx

02subiwrx Member

I want to go, I probebly wont dyno but I just want to go and meet you guys and figure out things on the wrx since this is all new to me
    Where is it going to be?
    thanks
    chris

44. Porter

Porter Member

It will be at TopSpeed in Alpharetta.

The address if you'd like to maps.google.com it is:

2130 Brandon Trail
    Alpharetta, GA 30004

The shop phone is 678-297-7770, give us a ring if you get lost or have any questions. :) :)

45. GTscoob

haha yeah I think they've looked over everything pretty well. I'm expecting some sort of hangup once everything gets underways just because its a wierd swap but I they'll do good.

46. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Can I come too? I am a newb to the site and I have only had my car since the end of October.

2003 Subaru WRX Sedan

47. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yup... eveyone is welcome... ive added u to the list

48. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

I want in on this dyno day :cool:

49. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

looks like its gonna be a busy day :D

50. married05gt

married05gt starting over