Needing some help.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BORICUAWRX, Mar 22, 2006.

1. BORICUAWRX

BORICUAWRX New Member

Ok guys. I am ready to get another WRX. I totaled mine a few months back, but I am tired of the 240. Only problem is i am having the hardest time finding the exact one that i want, and i was hoping that I could get some help. I have been scoping NASIOC for weeks, and nothing is catching my eye.

Option 1- an 02/03 Bugeye with under 65k mi. Unmodded/Minimal Modds, Blue, for around $12k.

Option 2- 04/05 WRX with under 35k. Unmodded/Minimal modds, Black or Blue, for around $15.5.

I was also wondering what you guys thought about buying a car with a salvage title that had no major damage. Obviously they are very well priced, but i just dont know. Any experience with that? Ok guys i really appreciate it.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I would not purchase a car with a salvage title, unless you need it for parts. There are a couple WRXs floating around, even a few for sale on here. How far are you looking? Nationally, or do you just want to search the South?

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

just remember that the price break you get if you buy the car, that same price break is transfered when you sell the car.

4. BORICUAWRX

BORICUAWRX New Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

There's also a WRX for sale on nasioc with a blown motor, STi potential right there.

6. Goose013

Goose013 Member

If it has a salvage title it means it was a total loss and more expensive to repair than its worth. On a newer car like that it would be extensive dmg. I would not rec. getting a wrx with a salvage title, as future problems are sure to follow. just my .02

7. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

all i have to input here is that body parts and whatnot can be seen as damnaged and fixed/replaced. you have no idea just how much damage there could be under the skin or in the dashboard. just one wire with a break in it's insulation can screw a car for the rest of it's life. think Pet Cemetery...

i totalled my mom's Lexus in high school (i rolled over 300 feet and the engine was running while i was upside down in a pig field). it had 52 miles on it. a year later people were calling us asking us why we sold the car with only 52 miles on it.

you can polish a turd, but it's still a turd...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  8. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I believe some insurance companies have issues with cars that have salvage titles.

That's one more reason not to go that way.