Fender rolling

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Spaceman, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Spaceman

Spaceman Member

Can someone help me out with this or can someone suggest where to go? I need all four corners done.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Send a PM to javid, his are rolled.

3. wrxbacano

wrxbacano Member

Sorry to ask but what is fender rolling?

4. Trey

Trey Active Member

You roll your fender to clear wide tires.

5. Alex

[​IMG]

To fit big boy tires like Joel :keke:

6. WJM

WJM Banned

Joel's is more like..."Hey, grap onto that saw-zaw over there...I gotz some biggazz tyres to fit under here..."

7. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Do the fenderliner's fit when you roll your fenders like that? or do you gotta ghetto rig it?

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

http://www.rollyourfender.com/

You get a heat gun and bend back the inner edge of the fender to gain a couple millimeters of clearance. I'd like to do it to my wagon before I lower the car so I wont ever have to risk rubbing the rear tires.

That site has everything you need, but it's $50 with a $300 deposit. I dont have that kind of money up front but I'll chip in if anybody else orders one. We could have a fender-rolling day of sorts.

9. WJM

WJM Banned

with just normal rolling...they fit still. With stompy cutting/rolling/hammering...you have to massage it back in place.

10. flip

flip Member

Woah, it looks like his outside tires are coming OFF haha. Are they just rolled back that much??? All i see is rim!!

11. WJM

WJM Banned

Those are 285/35/18's in that pic. Pretty much zero sidewall to start with....plus the rim is wider than the tyre...

12. flip

flip Member

man, thats crazy :). Wouldn't that scrape the wheel? or i guess the tires would be hard enough to keep it from doing that...

13. Alex

replied to your pm josh.

14. calmnothing

GTScooby I'm in for a fenderrolling day. I'll put in

15. Spaceman

Spaceman Member

Thanks

Alex I have pmed both guys to see what info I can get...

16. javid

javid Member

Some fact:

On our suby's you generally just need to roll the back, unless your crazy like Joel or myself.

Rolling the rear will let you fit larger tires (taller and or wider). Or run a lower offset wheel.

I've never rolled a fender, Marty at Gwinnett Collision rolled (extra 1/4") and pulled (extra 1") my rear fenders.

Why would I do such a crazy thing? To fit 275/40-17s on the car.

What about the front? If your going real wide up front you can cut the stock fenders or get aftermarket fenders.

Where can I learn more about running stupid wide tires and wheels? here:http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845228

17. Alex

It sucks so much that 04 is limited to 245's...

18. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i think you can probably get a 255 under there with the right offset

19. calmnothing

Pffffft I can't even fit 225 in the back on mine.....quit yer bitching :werd:

20. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

sure you can, roll your fenders, get stiffer springs, add negative camber :bigthumb:

21. calmnothing

Gonna roll my fenders soon enough hehe
    Maybe some nice 235's

22. javid

javid Member

Come on now Alex. 255s are easy, 275s just need a little rake and sway bar action.

23. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Alright, now who wants to split the rental fee for a fender roller?

24. calmnothing

Gimme a few weeks. I'll definitely pony up for this. I'm a bit broke right now cause I just ordered some new brakes. STI Ver6 RA 10.5 inch vented brakes. YUMMY!!

25. trhoppe

trhoppe Member

Speaking of fenders for sale. We've got our old autox fenders that have to come off of the racecar for the stockers.
    http://www.trackmonkeyracing.com/misc_pics/SloRice/

You can fit 275s just fine on an 04 if you run some decent springrates. As long as you are on 10/8s you can get 275s on 8" wheels ET35 to fit. Javid with rolled rear fenders and new fronts can get 275s to 285s on 10" wheels to fit.

-Tom

26. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

So what was the outcome of the rental equipment. I am interested in rolling my fenders after a "slight" rubbing issue last weekend at BMW.

27. Spaceman

Spaceman Member

Here they are

New pics of my wheels and tires Yeah I know I need some fender rolling...LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. calmnothing

SEXY forrest ^^

I think some of us were going to scrounge up some money in a few weeks. A lot of us are broke right now.

29. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

I'll chip in on the fender rolling. I'd like to run some wider tires later on down the road.

30. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Those are some huge wheels! Is this just for daily driving? I don't need the fender rolling equipment anymore. I decided to grind the inside lip of the rear fenders. It turned out nicely, no chips, and enough space.

31. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

That Forrester is wicked.

I'll put in for some fender roller fees as well.

32. Alex

Damn, now that is a wheel.

33. Spaceman

Spaceman Member

Yeah

I talked with Gwinett Collilsion ( Marty) and he will not be in until Wednesday this week so I am waiting to see what he thinks and if not I may go in with you guys with the fender roller....:eek:hnoes:

34. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Hey!! When!!

Are you guysz still doing the fender rolling I need to get mine done BEFORE nopi so I can put my wheels on!! if not where can I get them don for a decent price:wiggle:

35. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

umm...anyone I really wanna put my wheels on!!

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i guess a good body shop would do it... do u have scott sanders' number?

37. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I dont think so...is that the guy from gwinett collision? I may not have to do it gotta put them on first.

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

he's the guy in the blue STi when i had my accident

39. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I saw his car at sog when i went to get dent removal is his car for sale?

40. calmnothing

Contact Metrowheels. They do fender rolling for a pretty good price

41. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

he actually just put 315's on stompy. uh my gud, that's like the width of ford GT rear tires.