GTG- Fender Rolling

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by SolidSnake, Apr 5, 2006.

1. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

I am renting a fender roller from the link below, please let me know if anyone wants to go in on it with me, and having a rolling party :p. I'll do my STi first, I heard it's not too bad to do. Let me know if anyone is interested.
    www.rollyourfender.com
    Fixed the link. The rental cost is $50 and $27.50 shipping(both ways), with a $300 deposit which I will pay upfront, and depending on the amount of folks doing this would determine how much you would pitch in.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

c'mon guys, lets get some people in on this!

3. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

link is not working.

4. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

the car that i want to roller the fenders of doesnt move right now :(

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

I'll come watch/help out. I'm still undecided whether to do this on my car though.

7. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

For sure! I'll help out with the cost. I'd rather do it now and not have to worry about any rubbing when I slam the wagon.

8. Trey

Trey Active Member

I'll do mine, just PM me when you are ready.

CAUTION!! Heat up your paint or it will crack!!! :(

9. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i'll help with cost also. i would like to get 245's on my wagon.

10. GTscoob

The kit comes with a heat gun.

Brett, 245s? You're insane.

11. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i wish i could go wider... but that would mean a wide body kit on the wagon. do they even make one? i wish they did. i love the look of the back of the m3 coupe. wider is better!! haha

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

that just came across as something else :hs:

13. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Count me in.
    I've got a heat gun we can use if anyone thinks we'll need an extra

14. GTscoob

Launsport's widebody kit fits both the sedans and the wagons. Somebody posted pics of a rally prepped wagon fitted with the widebody kit on NASIOC.

15. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

mmmm..... sexy

16. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

do you have a link to that bad boy?...:ddirty:

17. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

I am going to see if it is available for renting on 15th/16th or 22nd/23rd. Can we pick a day that will work for us all, I am flexible.

18. GTscoob

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's another wagon that just had sedan rear fenders molded in. Cost around $8K according to a post on NASIOC.

[​IMG]

19. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

that is freaking awesome!!!!!

20. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

Looks like the fender rolling kit is avaiable for the 22nd at the earliest.

21. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I like the widebody look!

22. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

that is insane, I want one now!

23. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i'm wondering, on the second wagon, if they used the rear doors off of a sedan? would they fit?

24. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

How much is it going to cost? I'm in

25. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

The total is $77.50 which we can split up by the number of people that show up and want to use it.

26. GTscoob

My guess is yes they used sedan doors and then molded the rear quarter panel flares over the wagon panels. I havent seen a shot from the rear to see what they did with it. They may have tapered the rear flares a little more towards the back so they could keep the wagon bumper.

27. wrxbacano

wrxbacano Member

is that the fmi between the headlights?

28. GTscoob

Cant wait to get this done!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  29. Deke

Deke Active Member

hmm, heatgun...I might be down for this...maybe I can debadge while I'm at it :)

30. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Looks like the Wagon with all the WRX Stickers has a V-Mount intercooler. I want a Widebody Sedan so badly, but don't have the $4000 for the Body parts + $$$ for painting. Someday, Hopefully.

31. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

22nd is a GO!

Talked to David at rollyourfender.com, and he said the 22nd is a go :ddirty: ! I will host the rolling at my house in Macon, GA., unless some one in the Atlanta area wants to, I realize that many of you live in/near Atlanta. Just let me know, more details to follow..

32. calmnothing

I have a giant lot we can use in Marietta. It'd be pretty close for all the ATL ppl, but it'd be near the interstate for all the non-atl ppl.

33. Trey

Trey Active Member

Yea, I couldn't make it to Macon. My wife is due today so I'm on a leash for a few weeks.

34. Brian

Brian Active Member

If it's in Atlanta there'll be a better turnout for sure. I definately can't make it Macon.

35. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

It's not a problem, I will see if calmnothing spot works for everyone. Just as long as the lot has electrical outlets for the heat gun, and paved and lighted would be nice too. I will do my car the day before just to make sure it works, and looks good. I can't wait; I am so tired of babying my car over bumps and tight turns to avoid it rubbing!

calmnothing, please PM me with the specifics.

36. GTscoob

Sounds good.

37. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

Well just found out calmnothing spot has no outlets for the heat guns, so it's not going to work. If anyone else has a spot we can roll our fenders at let me know, otherwise I will be doing it at my house(Macon, GA.). I got a tracking number for the fender rolling kit so it's on it way!

38. Why dont you get a generator. ( im sure someone has one or access to one) and run everything off that. and then the parking lot would work. If i lived in Atlanta you could have my for the day but im not there just figured id give you and idea to work on.

39. calmnothing

We'll just get an adaptor to plug into our cigarette lighter......

40. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

Do you have one?

41. calmnothing

Hmm lemme see if I can scrounge one up

42. walmart has them for 15.00 i got one i use on the ambulance for my laptop

43. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

Well let me know if some one has one or is getting one, and if you are all still interested in doing this; other wise I will just do my ride and send it back in.

44. calmnothing

We can use my lot saturday. I'll just shell out the $15 to buy one of those things.

45. I just want to see the pictures im thinking about doing this but scared to.

46. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

[​IMG]

Looks like I am going to have to work on Saturday now :(.

47. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

Rolled my rear fenders today, and turned out pretty good. Still got to hit some twisties and hard bumps to see if I got it all.

48. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

got any pics to post???

49. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

I could, but it not much to look at:p, what exactly are you looking for? It works, I hit some bumps in a tight turn that makes my dirvers rear tire rub, and nothing after rolling it:wiggle:!

50. calmnothing

AW NO!!! I was gonna buy the lil adapter thingy so we could all use my lot to roll our fenders.