Imports vs. Domestics this weekend at Macon National Dragway

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Bobbysuniv, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Bobbysuniv

Bobbysuniv New Member

Domestics vs. Imports at MND's 1/8th mile on 4/23/2006. All Street cars are invited. $10.00 to watch, $25.00 to race. All cars will be divided in to classes and trophies will be given for those classes.

Here are the rules:

Street legal cars only. If you trailer your car in, it will be subject to strict inspection.
    Slicks will be allowed only in Umlimited Class. Drag radials are OK in all classes.
    Everyone is subject to Macon National Dragway's track rules on conduct and safety.
    If you drive an open top car you will be required to wear a helmet no matter how "slow" your car runs
    Officials will place you in a class based on their judgement of your car. Class placement is not subject to arguement.
    Here are the classes:

Street Stock Class: The car has no aftermarket power adders such as aftermarket turbos, superchargers, or nitrous. If it came with these from the factory it is OK to run in this class. Car must have factory internals. Minor bolt ons like cold air or short ram intakes, aftermarket exaust, fuel rails, ect. are OK for this class.
    Hot Street Class: The car is allowed one power additive such as; aftermarket turbo, supercharger, or nitrous. The car is also allowed to have upgraded internals.
    Unlimited Class: Do whatever you want to the car. As long as it can be "legally" driven in. You can run it in this class.
    Classes may change depending on attendance.

There will also be grudge match racing and call outs. Post here so we can get an idea of attendance...

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

too bad its not a full 1/4 mile :sad:

3. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

Win anything except a trophy?

4. Bobbysuniv

Bobbysuniv New Member

Unfortunately it is only 1/8th, but the track was resurfaced over the winter and the "hook" is excellent. I know this from personal experience. 60ft times there are outraegous. It should be fun.

Right now it is only a trophy, bragging rights, and a mention on a few web sites. We are negotiating with the track about purses and we may just have to thow in a little scratch to make it more interesting. A sort of "gamblers" pot.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

too bad cause "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" :keke:

6. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

silly ricer....psh

7. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I just might show up to that. My times will probably suck but it should still be fun.

8. Bobbysuniv

Bobbysuniv New Member

And that is the whole idea behind this event.

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Cool. As long as no one's gonna trip because I got outrun by some Mustang or something. The truth is my car could be pretty fast with a good driver but I have a lot to learn when it comes to launches.

10. Bobbysuniv

Bobbysuniv New Member

You know, you always get those that take it all too seriously. But the main idea for this event is for everyone to have fun and get a chance to run "street" cars on the track.

11. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

It definitely sounds like fun. And I hope I can go.

12. Bobbysuniv

Bobbysuniv New Member

Come on up and bring your friends....It doesn't matter what they drive...

13. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

bobby...what do you have done to ur SRT? i have an 03 also "slightly" modded. wish i was in town cause i'd def go! i guess next time.

14. Bobbysuniv

Bobbysuniv New Member

Lets just say the turbo and internals are still stock and I am not shooting nitrous... Don't worry we are having another event in a couple of months and I am working on a road course day.

15. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

if i didn't have to work i'd be down there

16. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

sounds like a good idea, the whole 1/8 is what turns me off usually.

17. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

1\8 mile tracks have there advantages, you get more runs normally, which equals more experience and practice. I like 1\8 mile track, i get to focus on my launching.

18. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

That's a good point. The launch is where I need the most work or at least it seems that way. Sure my shifting could be faster and at better points but that'll probably take some practice too.