GTG- Fender Rolling

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by SolidSnake, Apr 5, 2006.

1. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Well, I'm not really looking for anything, but I thought that some of those that hadn't seen rolled fenders would like to see what they looked like.

Glad to hear it went well, no rubbing makes for happy Suby's and drivers. :ddirty:

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

be aware that you might need a higher current AC inverter than the standard $15 one.

--
    Brian

3. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

Sorry all, I was pretty bumed to hear that Sat. we all were comming to work. It does work, just use the heat gun, I didn't (enough) on the first fender I did and I had a small crack in the paint. The second fender turned out perfect no cracks and a tight roll! I used clear nail polish to prevent the crack from pealing, you can use touch up paint also but it is not in a spot where you can even see it.

If anyone wants to come down I would be happy to do it for you, it takes only about 1 hour to do the rears...I got the hang of it now:p.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  4. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

how long are you going to have this thing? Maybe we could do it next week. I'll buy the poewr inverter

5. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

oh oh I'm in if I get my car by then

6. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

I have to send it back on Tues. If you want to come down to Macon, it's a 45 min drive from ATL., just send me a PM with your contact info, and we can work out a time.