Install Party (Saturday 3/12)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by miloman, Mar 8, 2005.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Theres a couple cars that need to have a couple things done to them:

alex (dp install)
    hemipowered (tv screen wiring)
    married04wrx (up/dp)
    miloman (reposition rear endlinks)
    smjkxsnoopy (tv screen wiring)

we could all meet up in my parking deck...
    extra tools and extra hands would help...

what time would work for everyone? i'll post directions later

2. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Any time for me milo:bigthumb:

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Sounds cool, I might be able to make it.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I will probably come hang out for a bit.

5. And wouldn't you know it, I just spent 11 hrs by meself last night/this morning installing my Helix UP & TBE, Kartboy stuff, some STi mounts, and Whiteline bushings. Man I've got some bad timing. Just my luck though, I'm working anyhow. Next time I'll pay attention before I start randomly installing stuff. :)

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:drama:

Should be fun :)

I should be getting the ramps this week, so I will bring those. For those curious, they're the rhino ramp 8000's.

Do we want to try to add headlamp clearing to the list?

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

ill be in for it..im pretty good at up/dp installs.. the heats shields are a pain in the ass..but anytime works for me saturday..i will also bring some tools..let me know where to meet and what time..mike has my number so if you want to call me and touch base.. or i can pm you my number milo..

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'll be up for it, if I get my car back then we can try to put my rear sway bar on too.

I'll be able to stick around until ~4.

9. married05gt

what do u mean, what is headlight clearing?

10. GTscoob

You put your headlights in an oven, bake for a couple minutes then you pull them out, take them apart, and take out the orange blinker.

You end up with slick clear headlights. Sometimes people will paint the housing on the inside which also looks really good.

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yeah kris.... pm me ur number

in terms of time, im free all day.... usually friday nights tend to be late drinking... so i'd prefer not too early... but we could decide on a time in the next day or 2

12. married05gt

I would like to meet as early as possible. It looks like we have a lot of work to do. I can be their as early as u want.

13. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

If you need help with baking, let me know. haha I baked mine for than 5 times during my HID retro. During last night rain, not a single drop of rain went inside of my headlight. So i feel little more secure now.

newayzz.. I want to stop by and hang out with you guys since i see lots of new people here. I can stay there till 2pm. I might install Milo's rear sway bar if i have enough time.

14. smjkxsnoopy

smjkxsnoopy Member

what time is everyone meeting up? I will be there with my friend and his GTI

15. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

I come down for a couple hours.
    Is there power in the deck? Some of the folks doing up/downpipes will have hot engines but a fan will cool them down relatively fast.

16. Alex

10am, and we all throw down for some breakfast like things (donuts, bagels, coffee, etc)?

17. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

oh word!

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

10am will work... dont think there is any power available in the deck... maybe we should take care of the non-exhaust stuff first while the cars cool down

19. Alex

Could maybe do lighting / breakfast.

20. married05gt

Give me a count of how many people will be their at 10:00 I will get some biscuits.

21. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Since school's on spring break, I might be able to stop by... have to check with the wife unit to see if we have any plans for the weekend first. I have a DP coming in this week, so would be great to get an idea of what's involved in the install!

-moose

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sweet... lookin forward to seein everyone on saturday

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

here's a warning... if anyone is going through my apartment gate before you, DON'T CHASE THEM IN... the gate WILL fall on your car... just call me from the call box and i'll open it up

24. Alex

DP came today! :)

25. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Mine too. :D It's big and shiny and pretty. :bigthumb:

Going to wait a bit to install it though... looking forward to this Saturday so I can see what all is involved.

26. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You're installing Saturday right Alex.

27. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

I want to stop by, havent seen anyone in a long while, maybe i can take an hour or so off of work to come hang out.

28. Alex

Yeah, I have some obligations for saturday afternoon so I would like to hop in line if at all possible. I am gonna clean up my pipe tomorrow, and make it bling. Yes, to answer the question, I will be there in the morning.

I'll see everyone there, cant wait to see the new guys :) :bigthumb:

29. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

ROCK ON BUDDY!! :bigthumb:

30. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

ill be there for a few hours :D

31. Alex

Unfortunately, no one carries the ramps I want (Pep Boys, Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts). So I will not have ramps. I can bring jacks though.

32. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

did you check walmart??? That's where i bought mine. I don't know whether its 8000 or not. It can handle my wrx with no problem.

33. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

What are the ramps you want?

34. slysti

slysti New Member

cool...hopefully someone can help me install my hks turbotimer and yes i do have the wiring harness...that should help make it easier

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

wiring harness will make life easier

36. GTscoob

I'm not going to have my car on saturday but I'll be able to help until 1 (group meeting at the library).

37. Alex

Good news, Autozone had some ramps. I'll have them and some PB blaster for the pita bolts.

38. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I just saw htis thread:

my garage is available on Sat, with my ramps, tools and jack stands.

I have some house repairs to get to so I will not be available to help that much.

Milo, if you want to regroup up in Alpharetta (N point area) call me
    404-694-6997

39. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I have a set of Rhino Ramps too if anybody needs 'em... Milo, can you PM me your # in case I get lost? Planning on going...

40. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we might end up having a lot of cars here (including those comin by to hang out)... there's plenty of room in my parking deck... nobody parks on the top floor... so space won't be a restriction here

41. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

sounds good

42. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

wish i could come and meet everyone... i'm in NY this weekend but next week i get my evo2 exhaust and new wheels... install party by myself i guess. have fun!

43. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Last chance.. if anybody needs me to bring:

Rhino Ramps
    Jack stands
    Any regular tools (torque wrench, sockets, open end wrenches yada)
    Wiring crimping/cutting tool
    Helix catted DP still in packaging for people to drool over :D

44. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I might need jack stands, I just need to rotate fronts to backs after tearing my front tires apart at Seigel Race School.

45. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

you probably want to get them balanced too.

46. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Probably but I am not going to worrry about balancing right now, I just want to make my car safe for Autocross on Sunday.

47. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I'll do my best to remember to throw 'em in the back of the car tomorrow morning. Bringing some drinks too (DP and Mt Dew) if anyone's thirsty.

Speaking of which... how's access to..er... facilities? :D Trying to decide whether to get a venti latte or not on the way over... ;)

48. married05gt

Im bringing somm bud light:bigthumb:

49. Alex

Well, I will run to kroger and get some stuff I guess...I'm not too sure.

I will bring another set of rhino ramps and some pb blaster. Make sure someone brings a ratchet set (I'll bring one as well), and some PB Blaster. Kevin (SkullWRX) may be coming as well.

50. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

I figured I'd grab a couple boxes of donuts on the way down. How many folks do you think will show up?