I hate ignorant people

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Suby1128, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Sorry to waste yall's time, but I just really needed to vent.

This weekend was my fraternities formal, so we drove to Charleston, SC. I was born in Scotland and I'm very proud of my heritage, I even have an $800 formal kilt. Well I wore it, and everybody in my group, save one or two, loved it and we all had a great evening. Between the dinner and the dance we went back for some more drinks, and me and my girlfriend left a couple minutes after everybody else to head back to the dance, which was across the street. On my way over we had to walk through a crowd of people getting out of a football game at a local stadium. I began to receive insults from people, but not just kids, 40 year old men were whistling at me and laughing at me telling their friends I was wearing a skirt.

I was a little drunk and began cussing back at them, which I probably shouldn't have done. We were locked out of the convention center so took us a while to get in. Granted I did get a couple of nice comments from people, I couldn't help but notice all the other people, black and white, men and women, walking past making fun of me.

I should have just ignored it and been the better person, but all I can say it's probably a good thing I had taken off my kilt's dagger because it was getting uncomfortable in my sock (I might have taken it out as a threat and then this email would be about getting arrested).

Anyways I just wanted to rant, because I can't believe how childish people can be, even old adults who are supposed to be responsible and take care of children.

Anyways sorry for wasting everybody's time, I think I rreally just had to tell somebody because this has really been annoying me so.

Craig

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Thats America for you. People are afraid of what they don't know, and to help them cope with their fears, they use insults and jokes to play it down. Men wearing kilts is not a Common thing to see around here, so the reactions you received do not surprise me.

3. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

that really sucks man, i personally have know issue with kilts, i was planning on getting one myself at somepoint :bigthumb:

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

well that is downtown Charleston for you, most of the people there are just looking for a fight. Last time I was down there, me and my friends, there were like 7 or 8 of us, were walking down the street and some drunk girl flashed her ass at us. My buddy goes, "damn that girl isnt wearing underwear" to which some little 5'4" punk comes over and starts talking shit to me. I just laughed it off and told him to get the fuck out of here, he listened.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

america is actually very tolerant... try being a bald guy with ear rings in india

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i figured after how many people enjoyed braveheart you would have gotten a better reaction? people here in the us are very ignorant to other peoples feelings. This is why stereotypes are such a large problem today.

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

People leaving a football game (or most sports games) shouldn't be considered "society in general". They are usually full of beer & adrenaline and looking to prove themselves. Almost every street fight I've ever seen has been right after a game. That, and maybe they wanted some "skirt"... ;)

8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

you should have pulled up you kilt and showed em a hairy moon :)

9. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Yeah it's unfortunate but very true....I agree with the moon reaction:keke:

10. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

sorry you had to run into some shit. people get rather bold when in groups (mob mentality), most of those people wouldn't even look you in the eyes if they were by themselves.

fear-it's a beautiful thing.

milo, try taking a walk somehwere in middle america... the reaction you would get wouldn't be far from your homeland. you're fortunate to be going to school in a fairly tolerant city.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  11. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Hey Craig,

I am sorry that that happened. It is very unfortunate that people are still like that in today's society. You aren't wasting anyone's time. Where have you been lately?. I bet school has been keeping you very busy....

Mark

I was also going to say that you should see how people get in the military when they get all drunk, etc. When I was in from 1979-1990 it was a lot different than now, but I a m sure that Tom and Shane can vouch how crazy people can get and childish...Just my 2 cents...

Mark

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Next time you need a claymore to go with the kilt. :)

Seriously, Charleston probably isn't the best place to expect tolerance and open minds.

13. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Actually I really think the reason why some of these idiots act like this is because they have really low self esteem and that is their only outlet and it magnifies when they get in a group, and believe me, Charleston is not the only area that it happens!!!.

Mark

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i should have clarified that i meant big cities in america... u wont find me walkin around in middle america :D

15. Demo24

Demo24 Member

our school won't let guys wear them. Some people have tried and pretty much all of the students would approve. Administration wouldn't and would send them home :(

16. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

The more important question is, did you shave your legs?

...I am kidding, but seriously, we're a country of silly people.

17. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

it's one of the things u get from alot of guys who think they r better then others, seems alot of people r like that, while i was working today this guy comes in he was african american very posh and like a gentleman then he asks me i came from upstairs and would like to pay this bill from my credit card, i said sure [happens when upstairs credit card doesn't work]
    suddenly my phone rings and it's the lady who works upstairs and the looks at me like he is crazy after a little 10 sec talk he asks me was it the lady upstairs, i go like yesh sir, what he goes, she thinks i wont come, am i a theif or something, then i come to my sense and go like it's not like that sir, she was just making sure what i do is right, then he goes like i'm just fucking with you.. i was like he curssed.. lol i laughed at him he looks at me again and goes like what you laughing at.. i was like nuttin sir, it's my pleasure to take ur card and i gave it bak to him and said u have a good night[ in indian accent] he goes laughing.. btw i was angry he curssed at me for no reason getting angry in simple words always dont respond when getting bad rep from people u dont know , all u gonna get is maybe som ebroken ribs, or maybe a sour hand u never know.. btw what we gonna get fighting? nuttin but pain.. maybe we all need to get together and show every1 what true brothership is friendship is.. ya'll know what am sayin.. ;)

18. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

My high school wouldn't allow me to wear it to prom last year, that's why I was really excited about wearing it Saturday.

Craig

19. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

So basically it went down like this:

[​IMG]

20. Alex

:rofl:

21. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

:D Looks about right

22. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Idiots will be idiots. I love this town because it's so multi-cultural but I hate getting 30 miles outside of it and being out in ignorant redneck country.

23. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

haha nice mspaint moose

24. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

when i was a junior in high school someone called me a stupid chink and then i ratted him out cuz he pissed me off and he actually got ISS for that.
    and then, freshman year IN COLLEGE, i got that whole "ching chong" crap thrown at me.
    i was shocked cuz we were in college and stuff like that was only suppose to happen to little kids... *sigh..

25. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

try living there almost your whole life....

26. Alex

I get called cracka a lot and if I go to complain they just tell me its my problem and I have to deal with it :eek:

27. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

more like a planet of silly people ;)

28. WRXEM02

WRXEM02 Member

I commend you for being proud of your heritage. People hate what they don't understand, it’s the American way sadly. I live in alabama of all places and for about 6 years i dated a girl who happened to be white. From the day it started until the day it ended, when we would go out i could hear people say things like "look at that ni**er w/ that white trash whor*" For the first 3 years it hurt and pissed me off, then i realized people are not going to change becuase you don't like the things they say about you so i quit caring as much. When they would say things like that, id make it a point to kiss her in public... Bwahahaha it was great.... don't sweat the petty people.

29. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

you shoulda said "your daughter's next bubba" to those people and then laughed all evil
    :rofl:

sorry you had to go through that bud, I 3rd or 4th the moon idea, you shouldn't have said anything, that just gives people what they want.

30. WRXEM02

WRXEM02 Member

Id have had the klan after me if i would have said that :eek:hnoes: I remeber once i went to the store w/ her to buy some thigs and this older lady at the register saw us holding hands whilst wakling to the checkout counter. She commented. "THATS SO NASTY UGH!!!" I got irriatate and blurted out in the middle for the store "YUP, AND WE FUCK TO BITCH, NASTY, SLOPPY, UNPROTECTED SEX SO WE CAN BRING OREO BABIES IN THE WORLD JUST TO PISS YOU OFF YOU SHRIVLED FUCK" Proceeded to pick up various household items and checked out. She couldnt even look at me... IT was SO for t3h win! What sucked is that my pastors wife was in there too........ SO i got a call the next day asking if i needed prayer...Bwahaha

31. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

when my wife and i go down to mississippi to visit my Moms side of the family...ppl always give us hard stares cause i'm white, and Maria is not. i'd love to say..."hey she's 100% native american....NATIVE so look away biznatch!"ha

32. suby113

suby113 Member

Thats the same with me and my wife i'm white and she is Hawaiian and people give us the stare's also.

33. legacy05gt

legacy05gt Member

Jonathan Davis from Korn wears a Kilt AND plays the bagpipes when he's on stage and he's bad-ass. So F those sh*theads, and i agree, next time, lift up the kilt and show'em your Bag and Pipe

[​IMG]

34. Alex

Bit angry are we?

35. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

it happens.. btw dont show ur bags and pipe maybe they will get scared..!!11
    ;)

36. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Or wonder where the hell he scored a piccolo bagpipe.

37. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

hahahaha:keke:

38. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: omg that is so farking hilarious hahahaha