Enkei wheels

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by cguzz, Apr 9, 2006.

1. cguzz

cguzz Member

I don't see or hear too much about these wheels. Light weight and apparently from some reviews I've seen there very strong. The 17x7.5 are only 15 lbs. They can be had for around $200-$230 each. Why don't I see more of these on Subies?
    http://www.enkei.com/RacingSeriesSpecs/RPF1.html

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

I've heard their decent wheels. Don't know a whole lot past that. I'm not really sure why they aren't more prevelant on subies.

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

a few guys an nasioc have them, they are great lightweight wheels that aren't all that pricey. i've been considering them as my next set

4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

seen them on a few subis that autox, seem to be pretty decent.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I love enkeis, and these are by far my favorite. If I could, these would be on the car right now ;)

6. They are great looking lightweight wheels..... but they apparently don't have the gold in 5x114.3 :(

And the silver in 17x8 is the wrong offset :wtc:

I also heard that big lip makes the wheels look about an inch smaller than they really are..... Guy with 19" RPF1's on IWSTI

7. cguzz

cguzz Member

Yea, they seem to me to be the best deal going as far as strength to weight. I'll probably go with the silver when the time comes.

8. 1984

1984 Member

9. catch31

catch31 Member

Ive been considering Enkeis for a while now unless i find a better set for sale....

10. suby113

suby113 Member

I put balck Enkei J-10's on my suby They are Great, light weight and Strong, I have always been an enkei Rim lover.

11. suby113

suby113 Member

Here is what it looks like!

Attached Files:

12. Alex

Cool :D

13. Slightly OT but aren't the Spec C wheels made by Enkei? Pretty sure they are....

$2000 for a set, but man they look good..... even the stupid center caps are like $130..... The more brake dust I have to scrub off the more I'm disliking the stock BBS...... at least they look good when they're clean (which isn't often....)

:drool:
    [​IMG]

14. suby113

suby113 Member

Not made by Enkei think they are made by OZ or prodrive.

15. Dunno...... I checked JapanParts.com after I posted and they indicated that they are made by Enkei..... who knows?

16. suby113

suby113 Member

But the could be Enkei ur right who knows?.....

17. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i like them but i perfer the motegi racing's tracklite then them..

18. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

it wouldn't surprise me, doesn't enkei make the evo 8/9 wheels?

19. suby113

suby113 Member

yes enkie does and all toyota rims as we'll, But I could of sworn that prodrive made subaru rims besides BBS

20. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

thats a bump then enike r good rims..

21. Alex

I wouldnt pass Subaru for chosing Enkei. I am surprised they didnt use a BBS wheel though, thats basically been their choice for the newer body styles. I believe Rays made the s202 rim.

22. Trey

Trey Active Member

Prodrive doesn't make rims, RAYS makes Prodrive wheels. ;)

Enkie makes rims for BBS as well. :D

Google it......

23. Alex

Woah, cool, didnt know that ;)

24. suby113

suby113 Member

same here thats news!

25. Trey

Trey Active Member

Some dood took off his OEM STi wheel and it had the enkei logo stamped on it. BBS outsourced it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  26. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

along with speed star, OZ, and someone else i believe.

27. thejackal

thejackal Member

enkei makes GREAT track wheels!!! super strong, super light, super cheap.

[​IMG]

28. Alex

Thats was a fun day up at Road Atlanta :D

29. thejackal

thejackal Member

That pic is actually from Barber last weekend!

30. Trey

Trey Active Member

The New 2007 USDM STi limited edition will have Enkei wheels on it instead of BBS.

31. suby113

suby113 Member

For who ever is interested the rims I have for sale the picture is here in this forum. Thanks

32. Alex

Whoops :keke:

33. thejackal

thejackal Member

So I see you popped your STi's cherry over at little talledega with SS?! Awesome! Are you track hooked now? How was the day anyway, prob pretty insane with only a few cars and most of the day to burn :wiggle:

34. Alex

But of course, been there 3 times now and been loving every minute of it! I am going to try to make it out to RA over the summer :sx:

35. thejackal

thejackal Member

We neeeeeeed to coordinate so we hit up RA on the same date!!!! Which club are you more interested in? I've been up there with the PCA (porsche), and you saw me there at photo day with panoz race school... But BMW club, and NASA also run events 2..... PCA have some good instructors, but panoz will release you solo and you can bring friends in the car, which is fun...

check this out:
    http://www.trackschedule.com/sched.html

Matt

36. Indica029

Indica029 Member

Aren't the new rims on the 06 WRX made by enkei too?

37. ck02wrx

ck02wrx Member

17x8 15.5 lbs each and I love them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

38. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

If I ever decide to get rid of my ver7s, i'll probably get these.

39. cguzz

cguzz Member

Version 7's! So that's what those are. What size were these made in. Is the finish durable? Who made them? How much do they weight? Forged or cast?

I like the gold Enkei's but if those could be had in 17" I'd have to consider them.

40. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I guess your talking about me, so I'll answer.

They were only made in 17's. The finish is the same as the oem wheels. Enkei made them. They weigh about 17.5 lbs and are cast not forged.

41. cguzz

cguzz Member

Nice

Nice looking rims. I bet they'd look good on my WRB wagon. I'll for sure consider those when it's time for tires/rims.

Thanks

42. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Yeh, there nice, but pricey if you buy them new. Try and find someone who is selling a used set.