Is there a gtg saturday May 6

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by savsuby, May 3, 2006.

1. savsuby

savsuby Member

Are we getting together. That would be cool if we could gtg like last week.

2. JM5999

JM5999 Member

I second that thought...

3. savsuby

savsuby Member

That was alot of fun. We need to ride around like that more often.

4. apssti

apssti Member

i would go but my car is sucking

5. JM5999

JM5999 Member

i know you other savannah guys are reading this, anyone else want to go out for a ride this weekend?

6. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

if i am in town, i will go. not sure if i am going to be around though

7. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah! Imma be in town this weekend so yeah, that'd be fun. I just have to be careful because I just got my trunk painted.

8. Indica029

Indica029 Member

i should be able to make it

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Cool man. I got a set of stickers for ya. Sadly that's my last little bit though.

Alex, if you listenen... Help! :davechappel:

10. BFarm

BFarm New Member

Where do you guys ride? I'm out on HHI and have yet to make it out to a meet, but if one is this Sat I'll try again :).

11. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

I'll be drunk at post-graduation parties

12. savsuby

savsuby Member

we meet at the media play parking lot next to burger king

13. STI LW8N

STI LW8N Member

we might have a meet saturday night, i'll send out a text tomorrow and let people know, if we do i hope everyone can come, and erica, congrats on the graduation, more power to you to get out of the boro sooner than me (very jealous right now), anyways, keep up the posts!!

14. Luke WL.

Luke WL. New Member

im down, my replacement solenoid is comin in tomorrow.

15. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

So lets do eet.

I say we gotta hit the bypass though. That ish was fun as fawk.

Plus we gotta talk about an Atlanta meet some more.

16. savsuby

savsuby Member

thats sounds good

17. Sti2781

Sti2781 Member

Saturday meet sounds good. I am actually off work....... Sorry guys no flames this weekend. I need to get retuned.

How come you never come out with us. I guess you put down the most hp in the area so you are too good. I see lol.............:bowdown:

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  18. savsuby

savsuby Member

are you going to drive your car

19. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

Thanks Dave

Ha I would like to come out, but last weekend I was at TopSpeed and this weekend I have to do a lot of graduation stuff (like drink). You all are more than welcome to come to the boro LOL

Ben, lemme see your dyno

20. JM5999

JM5999 Member

same time same place saturday then?? Or could meet a little earlier someplace where we can get some good pictures

21. Sti2781

Sti2781 Member

Let me get my AVCR and meth installed. I want be at 500, but i should see around 450+ I like the green it spools a little quicker than the red but the red makes crazy power up top. What clutch did you end up going with???

22. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

Oh, I think Dave said you were at 485 already, I guess he was talking about someone else. I was amazed, because I didn't think a green could make over 460.

I went with RPS Max 6-puck

23. suby113

suby113 Member

No he is making around that it's just that ben doesn't like to boast or Brag but heu guys I should be there after work around 7:30. see everyone then!

24. savsuby

savsuby Member

that sounds good tom

25. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Definitely. We need to add some more pics to that one thread too. I don't think it'll be cold this time though which would be.... cool?

26. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

And that's why I'd like to see a dyno, because SS even said that greens can't go over 460. and that was on EWG. I think Ben has IWG, correct?

Edit: And for that matter, it's impossible to have 485 on pump alone, no meth

I have a feeling you're being sarcastic

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  27. JM5999

JM5999 Member

Ok, well, in case dave doesn't send out a massive text message to everyone, how bout we just plan on media play at 7pm, and those of you that work can just show up after work...sound good??

28. Sti2781

Sti2781 Member

I never gave a hp number. Eveyone just made there own assumptions. We road tuned the car when it was just @ 400 so we are figureing 420's. I know for a fact a guy on meth and a green made 474, but those are far and few between. My goal when i bought my car was 450 daily driven and reliable. AVCR and meth should get me there. I road in a gt35r car and just didn't care for the lag. The green is capable of 30-32psi, so i figure 28psi in 4th. Which a guy is allready doing tuned by SS on here. I might switch to the red when Forced Performance finally makes it oil and water cooled... That is the only thing i didn't like about the red. Its only oil cooled. I also like that sz60 that deadbolt has. Its a big mother with pretty good spool......

suby 113 is right though. I don't brag about my car nor do i care if someone is faster there will allways be someone faster as long as i am in the 11's i am fine.

Hey Big boosting when i get retuned i will get you around town, but on the highway top end you will pull me pretty good i would imagine. How do you like that clutch. Is it a PIA for a daily driver???

I keep hearing good things about SS. I emailed him and talked to him about my set up, because as most of you know i am just not happy with my tune with the perrin ebcs. It feels a little choppy and i am running pig rich. (fireballs a foot long) He said the fmic green meth is one of his favorite set ups. He sounds very knowledgeable in using the AVCR getting 24.5 psi in first gear on an smc meth injection kit.... I am only seeing like 17psi in first now.... What do you guys think of SS??

29. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

You think red actually spools that slow that you can pull me "in town?"

Maybe if we start racing at 3K rpm's you might win for the first 30 feet. I say we race, then you can see what the red has.

I hate it when somone says you got a "highway car", then they won't race me, I'll race you from a dig, a roll, whatever stipulations you want. We'll see if that 400rpm at most faster spool helps you.

Also, there is nothing wrong with an oil cooled only turbo. There is no evidence that shows that water cooled turbos are any better. And FYI Reds do come oil and water cooled

30. Sti2781

Sti2781 Member

dude i was not trying to start a pissing match. I know the red is better than the green. Hands down. The green is just better for me. I was just joking around. Don't take this so serious. I had no idea that the red comes oil and water now. Dude you take things to personnal. We both have the same car yours is making more power with a bigger turbo. I meant nothing bad about your car. I for one am not happy with my tune or my car right now..... Calm down.

31. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i like bananas :wavey:

32. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

Well I can't read sarcasm on the internet, so when your dogging my car via passive aggressive comments I take them literally.

And just some friendly advice you might just want to buy a GM boost solenoid for 20 bucks and use that to control boost. It's cheaper than both the AVCR and Perrin solenoid and works just as well.

33. JM5999

JM5999 Member

hey, cool, so how bout that meet up tomorrow night???

34. Indica029

Indica029 Member

i'm down for a meet ....and if it's a pissing match i'll destroy all comers ...i have a bladder the size of a U-haul truck

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

this is WRXatlanta... this is not 'the fast and the furious'... i would really not like to hear comments along the lines of 'my car is better than yours'... all the moderators have been given strict instructions to maintain civility and keep aggressive behavior of ANY kind to a minimum

36. Indica029

Indica029 Member

thanks for stepping in milo....and just so you know my car is not as good as yours

37. suby113

suby113 Member

Yah Milo cool for stepping in as you know we all don't brag about our cars we all strive to help each other and respect each others upgrades and tunes no matter how smalll the power gain, just seems like some one here not to name any name's has to boast and brag and I don't think thats right, Ben has a great car, I drove it! So if someone is faster good for them as far As I go my stock STI is great for me. The Savannah crew is very respectful and we all don't have to brag, and Ben is a great guy and A friend, I think all the savannah crew can agree with me,:p

By the way I will be there tommorow night guys! :wavey:

38. JM5999

JM5999 Member

i second that tom. ok cool see you all tomorrow...I'm working a 24hr shift right now, so i'm thinking we'll need to hit starbucks more than once, haha

39. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

HAHAHA

wow, its called freindly competition, do yall not race your cars?

thats one of the only reasons i mod my car, to race others, and especially on this site which is for other Subarus. I thought since this was a local forum i could get some of yall to race.

I even tried to get whoever schedules the meetings here to have one at the new screven 1/8th mile to have some fun. (turns out its a POS anyways).

Seems like some of you think i was trying to send some personal attacks, saying "he's a real good freind an all", i never said anything like that, and i dont even really know him, jsut tought he had a fast car and would like to race it.

Seems like i cant try and pick a race with someone else who has a pretty fast car, guess not, oh well

40. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Erica, I will race you anytime you want, and I will win with my EcuTek'd WRX. Any Sunday you want to race let me know, we usually do it at Turner Field or Gwinnett Fairgrounds. Entry fee is $35 and you get 4 runs. Let me know :rofl:

41. suby113

suby113 Member

If it's friendly competition thats cool ,because we all do it but we need to save the aggression for those 8 cylinders! :p

42. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I don't do friendly competitions, this would be for Pink Slips;)

43. suby113

suby113 Member

Joking Right? :eek:hnoes:

44. Indica029

Indica029 Member

i'll racew erica...i'll lose but i might crash into something in the process and that'd be cool to watch....wouldn't it?

45. suby113

suby113 Member

Your an ass Dustin! :moon:

Hahahah!:p

46. Indica029

Indica029 Member

hey tom check this out on monday i have to go to work in full battle rattle so they can take pictures of me and this other guy to make into a memorial statue...i am forever going to be immotalized in bronze

47. suby113

suby113 Member

Great! Now we will never forget about you,oh Damn, I hope you don't get a big head over this! :hsnono: :sx:

48. Indica029

Indica029 Member

i'll make sure the entire club cruises by it so we can look upon me in awe as i am craved from stone in god-like glory

49. suby113

suby113 Member

Didn't you mean Carved! By the way I had gotten and put my boost gauge in today looks good!

50. Indica029

Indica029 Member

didn't i tell you i am lesdictic?

is it a blackout gauge?