Passed emissions.... Yeah!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by SonicBoom, May 7, 2006.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

As the title states, passed emissions for the first time on Friday... I've been nervous as hell about it for the last 2 years. I only have one cat(high flow). I have all original stock parts but was not looking forward to putting them back on.
    I thought I was screwed, the guy who did the test had a black 2.5rs sitting there and knew all about our cars... He didn't ask me about the cats specifically, but he did point out the downpipe and was looking underneeth(as much as you can, my car sits pretty low).
    Guess that Accessport really did its job with the codes! Now if I can just find $230 bucks for ad valorem/tag fee.....

2. suby113

suby113 Member

Good Job!

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Might want to post up where this emissions place is so that anyone
    else that's a little skeptical about passing can meet and talk with a fellow Suby owner.

Otherwise, Congrats!!

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Its on Roswell just above Northridge.... and its only $20 instead of $25...

5. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

nice man

6. JBalla1036

JBalla1036 New Member

They just did a OBDII test right?

7. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

thats good maybe next time i get it there

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yes, just the obd2 test... I don't think there would be a benifit to going to that particular one though. I think Suby's just run so clean they can pass with only one high flow cat. I doubt theres any way for the tester to 'help' you pass.

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

No cats, lots of power, Ecutek = passed

I was woried as hell myself but everyone told me Ecutek would handle any problems and it did. Congrats to you.