We found our new house

Discussion in 'General Community' started by ShaneSTI, Apr 28, 2006.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Fawkin right doggies! We're pretty excited as this is our first time purchasing a home. It's in Stockbridge (Henry Co.). I'll post pics when I get them from Maria.

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Henry County, literally one of the fastest growing counties in the U.S. Home value should rise for a few years at least, congrats!

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

wow..that's news to me! thanks for the info Scott! yeah we're pretty stoked about the new house! it's only 2 yrs old, and in a nice neighborhood. once we eventually get settled in...i'm thinkin a house warming/cook out in the future.

4. DazednCnfuzed79

DazednCnfuzed79 New Member

I used to live in Stockbridge...off Fairview Rd....I loved it...I grew up there...great place!!!!

5. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

congrats

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

thats great news man!

7. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

good stuff. Nothing like home ownership... woo hoo money pit :D Thats what I call mine

8. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

it IS a bitter sweet!
    only thing that sucks is, well, landscaping. it's fun for awhile, but then you start to get flashbacks of mowing the lawn when you were a kid. scarry!
    Congrats bro! first thing you need to do is turn on every light and the AC and then open door to the house. 'cause you can!!!!!!
    i'll bring the beer brats if you have a cook out.

9. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

lol...thanx Randy, and everyone else for the congrats! as far as the lawn car goes...the home owners assoc. is like fifty something bucks a month and that covers lawn car which is bad ass! no cutting for this bad boy. sounds like a deal on the brats! beer n brats...mmm yummy!
    also FYI...Maria says the gas down in Stockbridge is even cheaper than the gas at Ft Gillem on base! I think she said its $3.04 for premium. Pretty good.

10. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

my folks have a condo on road america. it's the town next to johnsonville. i make the the best damn beer/brats you're ever put into yo mouth. they melt like butter!!!
    man, i need get some brats for tonight now....

11. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

CONGRATUALTIONS! yay.
    $3.04 for premium?! lucky...

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

congratulations shane

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

great news! congratulations :bigthumb:

14. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Dude! I told you about Stockbridge a long time ago!

15. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yep! i remember bro!!! in fact, i was planning on hitting you up when i got back which is in 2 weeks!

oh myyy gawd!ha let me tell ya..i'm sure a lot of you know cause i know some of ya'll are home owners already, but wow i need to sign my life away to get this house!lol it is overwhelming because we are 1st time home buyers but i was kind of expecting this. we will get through this damnit if its the last thing i do!!!ha we're hoping to meet our closing date on the 24th of May; however, we are being told no later than the 30th is what our bank is guaranteeing. friggin VA loans take longer but are a good thing to have!!!

16. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

congrats on the new casa! one of the best investments one can make!

17. blustreak

blustreak New Member

I am so excited, I feel bad for shane cause he hasn't seen the house in person. Its soo nice...for us. Not too big, not too small. And everyone is welcome if we do have a house warming party. *hint* I love that apple cider beer... :tasty:i forgot what it was called. the label is like blue and yellowish, i think.

FYI, if we do... we will have a "no shoe's in house policy" :hsnono: ... So make sure you got clean socks on. :eek: :keke: Other than that, Party on!

Thanks you guys, hope to see you there. -Maria

18. lostinthewoods

hornsby's maybe???

[​IMG]

19. blustreak

blustreak New Member

YEA! but not the draft...umm the other one. But they are stillgood. mmm, ciderbeer, mmmm

20. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

dude! i think everyone should have a 'no shoe in house policy'!!
    party on!

21. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah i can see a house warming/party in the near future.;) hope ya'll don't mind driving down to Henry Co.:p

i'll be surely up in the gwinnett co. a lot since my folks live up there, and most of ya'll live up there too.

here are some pics of the house we're buying:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  22. blustreak

blustreak New Member

I can't wait, these pics are great. Makes me even more exicted. Hope ya'll can make it.

23. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very nice!!! congrats again! how is the back yard?

24. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Hey Shane,

Congrats on the awesome home!!. That is a very nice area!!. I am very happy for you guys...See ya soon...

Mark

25. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

happy to hear you found a home.

26. suby113

suby113 Member

Good Luck! I just bought a new house also, It's great.

27. blustreak

blustreak New Member

back yard

We are gonna put up a fence because we have a boxer. Its a decent size yard, very private and quiet. Plenty of room to bar-b-que. I can already smell the food.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

nice place!!! congrads....

29. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

hell yeah!!!
    Congrats on the purchase.

Can't wait for a good cookout.
    Let us know what to bring.

30. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

very nice house!! and that's a large back yard!!!

31. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Very nice crib!!

32. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

thanx for the compliments, and support everyone! yeah we're totally excited! we are shooting to move in by the last weekend of this month. *crossing fingers* so far so good!!! see you guys VERY soon.

-shane

33. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

One more grats! As a recovering first time home owner, I can tell you its definetely worth the hassle you're going througn now. Nothing like coming home to a house with no one elses "house" attached to your outer walls!

34. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Shane, if you need any help or need to find your way around, just call me.

35. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^^^right on Steven! yeah i'll definately give you a call. maybe you can give us the grand tour of Henry Co. of course we don't know shi# about the area yet.:p i got ur cell #...thanks again bro!

36. blustreak

blustreak New Member

Yeah, thank you so much for the help!

37. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

UPDATE: We've officially closed on the house 5/30

as of yesterday, we closed on our house! we are totally excited about being home owners now. however, the numb nuts are still in the house until the 6th of June. yeah they were kind of a pain in our arse, but thats all done with and moving on to better things! we'll take more pics when we get em!

38. lostinthewoods

now the fun begins.. never ending money pit :). The Honey Do list begins...

congrats man. Nothing like a house. I doubt I could ever go back to apartment living after we bought our house. good luck with your fence...