Evo Wreck at HPDE

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by FTZ, May 8, 2006.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

2. suby113

suby113 Member

That totally sucks dude! And insurance won't even cover it since it was on a race track! :wtc: :wtc:

3. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

wow, just wow, im glad everyone walked away

4. longfury

longfury Active Member

From the video it looks like the Evo driver got the left side wheels off track. When he came back on the ass kicked out and he could not catch it. I have seen pros lose control in a situation like that.

Its just one of those things. It sucks but its a risk you take when you sign those waivers and go to a track day.

5. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Pretty Crazy Video, Jason.....

Mark

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

the title was "happens to the best of us". Right...

7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I couldn't see the video for some damn reason....

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Me either. StreetFire sucks.

9. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

damn that sucks..

10. Brian

Brian Active Member

When streetfire doesn't work for some reason I just switch browsers

11. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Expensive hobby!

12. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Actually since it was a HPDE (drivers education) and there was no racing, your insurance will cover accidents. Personally those cars were park way to close to the course.

13. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Yeah I tried that.....I'll try another one......I never have StreetFire issues...does anyone know what format this movie is in?

never mind.....IE to the rescue...thanks for the tip Brian

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  14. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

dang that looks like its gonna be expensive:(

15. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

wow thats sad.. hope he gets a new evo.. or maybe another WRX STI..

16. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

shit more like a yugo after he pays for the damage on the nsx and g35 not to mention his own ride!

17. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

Dude i thought that if you have instructors then it would be covered under insurance? It was a drivers education.

18. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

It really depends on your insurance company. I read that a few companys now are saying that if it is at a race track that they won't cover it.

Anyway, whenever you go to a track, you sign a waiver stating that the track is not liable, and that you are liable for your own vehicle. If insurance doesn't cover the damage of the cars, taking it to court might be the only solution for the 2 guys that were hit by the evo.

--
    Brian

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wowzer, holy crap :eek4:

20. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

ATLEAST the inc should cover the other cars..

21. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

That was crazy, I think those other cars were waaay to close to the track also. right next to a turn

22. thejackal

thejackal Member

My best friend was at that event -- the owner of that evo is actually his buddy... Part of that event was a time trial (which my friend WON in an 04evo with cams, 255 shaved ra-1, JICs, 2 piece rotors and track pads) -- I guess that was just a HPDE on a different course at Pocono (time trial was on the South course I think). My friend told me that was the guys second track day : - ( poor dude

23. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Would the Evo Driver even be responsible for the damages to the other cars. That is a risk that the other cars took being at the track.

Also, after looking at the video, yeah the guy messed up and lost control, but it didn't seem like he was pushing to hard. Everybody else was on pace with him.

That is a poor track layout if they didn't even have a wall between the track and the Pit Lane.

24. WRXEM02

WRXEM02 Member

Actually if it was a driver clinic and not a "race" then the insurance will pick up and cover it. As long as it isnt called " a race" insurance will cover the damage

25. savsuby

savsuby Member

that sucks

26. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It actually depends on the Insurance Company. Most insurance companies don't care if it was a Education Clinic or a Race, if you are on a track of any kind, including Auto X and Drag Strip, they do not have to pay. Very few will cover the car if on a track.

27. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

How's he holding up?