good deal? or scary? pt 2

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Mad Mallard, May 9, 2006.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

wow for a hundred dollars....actually the shipping is more expensive than the seats......I vote for "scary".........pleather seats, with plastic inserts

3. Mad Mallard

yeah, but hey, guy's got a pretty good rating..

4. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

is that rating from selling those seats though?.....if so then maybe I'd say yes...

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

They do that to get around ebay fees. ebay charges a percent of the selling price not shipping.

6. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

if it doesn't come with a matching thong its OUT.

7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

really.....that kinda sucks....never sold anything on ebay, bought a few things though....guess they gotta make $ somehow

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

Still a cheap price. It's worth having someone be guinea pig like the ebay tmic's I'd say. If you get them, take them apart though. Make sure you'd trust your life to their build quality.

9. Mad Mallard

good point! stupid me, hadn't even considered that...

yeah, i was actually interested in them for a friend in AZ with a 93, wasn't even sure if they'd fit, but can't be any worse than what she has now. (unless they're unsafe...)

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  10. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

seriously dude, it's like buying a no-name race harness from someone "recommended". you're putting your life (er, hers) into his hands.

get some leather evo seats and have em embroidered ;)

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Who WOULDN'T trust their life to eBay no-name seats? :confused:

12. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

id be worried about quality and comfort more than anything.

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I agree. I would never buy a seat without being able to sit in it and test the feel first. Though for the $100 Buy It Now price, if it wasn't comfortable, you could try to sell it and make your money back pretty easily.

Also, I hate leather, especially in the Summer when it gets hot and you are wearing shorts and your skin just sticks to it. I hate the smell. I just plain hate leather.

14. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

are you a vegetarian too? ;)

15. tcox

tcox New Member

actually i purchased some seats from that guy for my civic when i was in high shcool. the seats were comfy. althought they seamed to really lean back when you pressed against them. they were thin and felt cheep. it also took like 2 months to ship them because they were on backorder. he did let me know right away and he threw in some floor mats. oh yea, one seat squeeked all when i had a passanger.

16. Deke

Deke Active Member

They look sexy, but like everyone else said, I'd be careful.

17. Mad Mallard

so, the seller is straight, but the goods are meh?:squint: