New Endlink Install ??

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by booSTId, May 26, 2006.

1. booSTId

booSTId New Member

So my stock rear endlinks broke on my 05 STI with s-tech springs. I removed rear swaybar and ordered hotchkis bars front and rear along with cobb billet endlinks for rear. Go to install and realize that I have no bolts to attach my endlinks. Not thinking about the fact that the stock dogbone style endlinks didnt leave me with bolts.So what kind of bolts should I use? Anyone else ever come across this issue ? Any safe suggestions would be appreciated.

2. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I'm confused. Which might be because the WRX's setup is very different, but I believe the stock bolts would've worked for my new endlinks, provided the clearance was right.

Wait. Now I remember. The stock endlinks have one removable bolt but the other isn't so you need one bolt for each link, correct?

3. booSTId

booSTId New Member

endlink.JPG this is the only pic i could come up with there is not any bolts involved with this style of endlink all it is is a nut that comes off the endlink no nut and bolt ... ( sorry for such small pic but if open in new window it is visible)

Last edited: May 26, 2006
  4. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I hope you figured it out man. If not here's a bump so maybe someone else can pitch in.

5. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Have you been able to resolve this yet??

6. booSTId

booSTId New Member

yes figured out what I need to get with the help from rolling_trip now just have to wait till tuesday when daytona nut and bolt open, only place around with metric grade 8 metric bolts THANKS FOR THE HELP:bigthumb:

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What exactly did you need?

8. booSTId

booSTId New Member

ok now that i got pics you can see what my question was i basically just wanted some advice on what bolts i could be safe with and who else to ask than you guys

Attached Files: