Posible tuning problems

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by lowflyingwrx, Jun 6, 2006.

1. lowflyingwrx

lowflyingwrx Member

Good afternoon all... This past weekend I did a few dyno pulls on my wrx. I am a little disappointed and was wondering if my numbers are off or if I was expecting too much. 195.3 whp and 183 lb/ft torque. Kind of weak in my opinion. I was told it was running very rich and needs to be tuned. The reason for my concern is I see all over different boards that people with Cobb stage 2 are in the 220's and 230's on the base stage 2 map. Could my reason for low numbers be because I am still using the 3rd cat? I know it’s a shot in the dark trying to diagnose the problem but any Ideas would be very helpful. Posted below is my parts list.

2005 Wrx

Parts list-
    Cobb stage 2x93 oct map
    gutted up-pipe
    bosal shorty downpipe
    2.5inch cat back(still have 3rd cat)
    perrin IC hoses

I did my 3 pulls on a dynopack dyno.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea those numbers seem low. where did u have it dyno'd?

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i made 219/220 at TS with the OTS stage 2 map

4. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I haven't gotten dyno'd since my OTS stage two but before I dyno'd 218/220 at TS....

5. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

keeping the third stock cat, with the Cobb Stage 2 I was getting 227 whp and 224 wtq. Your numbers do seem a little know, I'm not sure why that could be, running rich wouldn't do that.

Craig

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Did you happen to take a peek at the advanced multipler? You could possibly just be running shotty gas.

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I hit 232whp, 237tq with stage 2, even with a cold air intake robbin power...

8. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

make sure you don't have any leak. (boost, exhaust, vaccum) Also stock 3rd cat won't rob high whp to be noticed. I made 223/227 when i was cobb AP stage 2 w/ stock 3rd cat.

9. lowflyingwrx

lowflyingwrx Member

Thanks for the reply's guy's! I did my dyno runs on Knowledge’s dynopack. I always fill up at shell or BP. I think it was shell the night before. I will go back through today and check for leaks. If that does not work is there a local place that can tune through the AP or find out the posible problem. I live up in Cumming GA.

Thanks again for the help!

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Topspeed is off of exit 12 on 400.... Should be pretty close. They have Protuner now too :)

11. lowflyingwrx

lowflyingwrx Member

Thanks, I will have to check them out. I have heard good things about them.

12. FrankenSTI

FrankenSTI Member

I also live in cumming, where about do you live? I have been to topspeed, and SOG I would highly reccomend going to see Scott at SOG.

13. lowflyingwrx

lowflyingwrx Member

I live off of 20 about a mile past suwannee dam rd.

14. FrankenSTI

FrankenSTI Member

Damn your right neat me i live in Preston Pointe at Windermere.

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

see if u can get the ECU logged... tari has a free logger but u need a cable... maybe someone here could hook u up

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The Accesport cable works with the Tari.