New Guy Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rembrandt, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Rembrandt

Rembrandt New Member

Hey guys. New to the forums here. My name is Daniel Paz most people call me Paz. I'll be 20 in about a month. I live in the Lawrenceville/Snellville area. I've been a huge fan of Subarus since about 01. However due to alot of money issues I have had, never been able to get one as of yet. I've finally got fairly financially stable and am planning to get a WRX here in the next few months. I'm really into the 22B model Imprezas but they are so hard to find. I currently drive a 93 Nissan Maxima, just what gets me around heh. But I'm not informative at all about modding my Subaru and I'm not for learning from reading. I'm more of a learn from whats in front of me kinda guy. But hopefully I can make a few g2g's and meet some of the folks and maybe learn a few things.

I've been catching the local SCCA Auto-X events and the past 2 Drift Fury's and lets just say I've caught the bug even more. I'd love to be one of the only ones to jump into the Drift Fury with an AWD. heh.

2. Demo24

Demo24 Member

welcome!

Come to some of the install days, next one is July 8th. Great place to learn what to do with the car.

As for drifting, well unless your willing to spend the time, money, and effort to get it rear wheel drive(possible), the impreza is probably not the best choice for that.

3. Rembrandt

Rembrandt New Member

Yeah I know it's more challenging but if me and my friend can do it in a non-turbo stock Baja I think it's possible. lol

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Drifting or just doing donuts? You're not going to be able to drift a WRX without having some cash to replace everything that breaks while drifting a WRX.

Welcome to the site!

5. Rembrandt

Rembrandt New Member

Yeah I know the difference between drifting and donuts or just pulling the handbrake. But it's my friend's parents car and lets just say they got pretty pissed when 50k mile rated tires only lasted a hair under 10k and we had been the ones taking it out alot. I bought them a new set. But I hear where you're coming from, AWD doing that stuff, things are gonna break alot easier. Plus I really don't think I can afford all the tires.

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Welcome, I think there is another baja on this site that like to get sidways too ...:)

7. Sylver

Sylver Member

Hey, now... :keke:

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

^^^Dont worry...you were the first

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome to the site!

10. flip

flip Member

Welcome! Good luck with getting your Subaru! See ya at the next meet...

11. suby113

suby113 Member

Welcome to the family!:wavey: Good luck on buying your WRX!

12. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

welcome aboard ;)

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

welcome to the community, see ya soon :D

14. 8urvtec

8urvtec Member

welcome and get out to the install day...!!!

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta :)

16. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Go buy a cheap miata or honda, much more competitive for SCCA than most subarus unless you want drop a considerable amount of money into your car. And when your miata/honda brakes, it's so much cheaper to fix. Just my two cents.

17. Rembrandt

Rembrandt New Member

Honda?! Miata?! Hah. just playing ya i know but come on its a Subaru.

18. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

welcome to the site enjoy

19. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Yup and on a autox course most miatas and hondas will kick your butt. I run faster times in my 1986 CRX that I have $2000 into than my STi with v710s. And when you think your raw times are good, you get totally out-paxed by a Mini.

20. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

welcome to the boards Daniel.
    get a tune for the sti and you might not feel that way. ;)

21. Rembrandt

Rembrandt New Member

Yeah I know what you're saying. They are more nimble, but I don't plan on getting into Auto-X big just kinda something fun to do every once in a while.

Me and a friend plan to go to a week long Rally school next summer in Florida. We drove around Road Atlanta in the Baja last year and the man that owns the Panoz and Audi Driving school noticed my friend while he was driving and couldn't believe he was only 17 at the time and talked to his parents and wants us to come out and drive, and he reccommend us this school in Florida for the Rally stuff which is what we are into so we are gonna try that out.

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i prefer autocrossing my daily driver... that way i learn more about the car i drive on the street... then again im not overly competitive and do it just for fun... in fact when i upgrade turbos (which hopefully i'll do in the fall), the car will be worse for autoX