cf RS hood

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by 05impreza, Jun 29, 2006.

1. 05impreza

05impreza Member

where is the best place w/ the best price to get a cf RS hood for my 05 sti? i'm also looking for a wingless trunk(doesn't matter if its cf or not).....i'm really picky about fitment, so that is the most important thing.

2. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Your best bet in finding a wingless trunk is to find somebody local who wants an STi wing on their car. Should be pretty simple to find a wingless trunk from a regular WRX owner, just post up in the classifieds. Somebody will bite soon enough, and all you have to dro is trade trunks & the springs.

Hope this helps!

Craig

3. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Maybe check around on google. I dont know many folks on here with CF hoods on their STI's.

As far as a wingless trunk you could always go swing by the dealer and pick one up and have it painted. probably cost around ~500 or so.

4. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

there is no such beast as a cf rs hood for anything later the gc's

5. 05impreza

05impreza Member

6. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

nice car. You running a Front mount?

7. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

http://gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subext.htm

Scroll down and take a look at what they have. No "RS" Style hoods, but they have different hoods without a hood scoop. There's also the reverse scoop that you can put on. They also have CF trunks.

Craig

8. 05impreza

05impreza Member

yeah, i've got the injen fmic w/ my stock turbo right now. i'm gonna be upgrading the turbo and to a larger fmic here soon.

finally got in touch w/ the guy through iwsti, i pm'd the guy like a week and a half ago and didn't think he was gonna get back w/ me......thus why i posted everywhere about it.....anyway, he told me it was a new style cf RS hood and the only place in the country you could get them was South Coast Subaru. i figured i would post it in case anyone else liked the hood and wanted one!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  9. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

thats a pic of a reverse cowl hood, theres a hole in the middle to get hot air of of the engine bay. rs's(post my01) have no holes

a reverse cowl is great for front mounts but is not an rs hood

10. 05impreza

05impreza Member

the hood on the white car in the pic i posted has no holes anywhere......i just confirmed it w/ the guy

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

yeah, but i prefer the ones witht he holes on the hood ..

12. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

did you ask him where he got his?

13. 05impreza

05impreza Member

14. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

my bad, i'm the dumbass that didn't catch that post

15. 05impreza

05impreza Member

its cool, lol.....i just didn't feel like typing again :)