Double Cross Challenge, July 1st and 2nd

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Meredith, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Posted by Heyward on the soloatlanta forum:

I'm driving the crx ;). I went to one of these last year and had a fun time, but this year they made it into a two day event. Anybody coming?

Thanks again to SOG for sponsoring Atlanta Region Solo II!

Can I get a sticky on this?

Here's the break down for prizes :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Its stuck!

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I will be in PA, so I won't make it.

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

man... y does all the cool stuff happen when im outa town :wtc:

sounds like it will be a blast

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Crap, I am gonna be at the beach! :angry:

6. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

What, you guys didn't like my thread about it below?

I may be able to make it, but I'm not sure I wanna get whooped up on like that. I also have company in town that weekend, so we'll see. If all else fails, I may end up working the event. Good luck to those that compete.

7. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

I will be there. I would like to finally meet some Atl people. My car is hard to miss with the 12" numbers and the black and gold theme (#293).

8. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

I'll go to get some pics

9. Meredith

Meredith Banned

My bad ;) sorry! Don't worry, last year I got my @$$ kicked by a national level driver in a C4, so no worries! It only made me stronger :). And I can say that I lost to a national level driver, seems much better on the ego ;).

10. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

bump for a fun event!

11. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Gonna miss yet another one....

12. Meredith

Meredith Banned

C'mon nobody else is coming to what is the biggest AUTOX event of the season? Not to mention SOG is the title sponor on this event and their entire AR SOLO II season, don't we want to show some subaru support?

13. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I can just watch correct? Not good enough with my fast shifting to really compete, nor do I really have the cash right now.

14. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I should be filming on sunday (and if i get out of work soon enough on saturday too). Should be good fun (and PRIZES)

15. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Yeah, I'm in. I just ask that you enjoy it as part of my registration will be going into your pocket as winnings.

16. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Acutally most of the prize money comes from the sponsors, I believe your entry fee covers the cost of the lot and insurance for the event.

17. Rembrandt

Rembrandt New Member

I should be there both days. Sunday for sure. I'm not gonna race but I'll be taking some pics.

18. Demo24

Demo24 Member

so wait. Do I have to pay to get in, or just pay to compete?

19. Rembrandt

Rembrandt New Member

I doubt you have to pay to get in but ya never know.

20. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Entry fee is for competiting, spectators are welcome (for free) just sign the waiver when you arrive. Anybody going to drive? This is going to be a great event, minimum runs will be 10 and NO WORKING for $55. It will be great seat time! Also if you are worried about losing in the early round, they have two evolution schools up for grabs for the first round losers (the school cost $240!!!).

21. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Are you two headed up there for registration and tech today, or are you just going to wait 'til tomorrow like I plan to?

22. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

tomorrow morning

23. Rembrandt

Rembrandt New Member

I should be there tomorrow as well. Might not be til the afternoon, might have to make a Bama run to get some GOOD fireworks.

My 2 friends just registered tonight. Racing their 2004 Accord, in the Stock 2 class. I'll be riding and taking some video footage.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  24. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

I met a couple of Atl. people. It was a fun event overall, minus the heat. Probably the fastest autox course I have ever driven on. Does anyone have pictures or videos they are hosting from the event?

25. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I was nice to finally meet you! I think there are some photos, go to the forums section on www.soloatlanta.com for a link. I got some footage of my runs, need to encode though.

26. Demo24

Demo24 Member

were you the black CRX with the Domokun on the side and twin exhaust pipes? I was thinking it was you, but I didn't go up and talk to you. Was the guy helping with the scales most of the time.

27. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

that was us, my ghetto crx :)

--
    Brian

28. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

29. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

my friend bill is going to put together a little video from the footage i captured at the event. If anyone has alternate footage we would love to have it :)