I live bitches!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by fez, Jul 8, 2006.

1. fez

fez The Arabian Sensation

That's right, 9 weeks and a hell of a lot of PT later, I made it out alive. 28lbs lighter. im on my way to monterey right now, but im in st louis until my flight gets friggin here. Ill send ya some pics and maybe some video clips later on. I think theres on of me in the gas chamber you guys might enjoy... oh man i miss my ride...

2. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Congratulations Faysal! I was really considering enslisting towards the beginning of summer. Glad you completed training safe and sound!

Craig

3. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

woot for servicemen.

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Which service are you in?

5. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Monterey cool.

I used to live in Aptos/Santa Cruz which is about 40 mins north of the city of Monterey, and on the northern tip of the Monterey Bay. It's really nice in Monterey, but there's a fair amount of sea fog, and the inverse is true about Santa Cruz, that town is sketchy, but there's great weather there. Hopefully you'll get enough leave time to enjoy the area.

There's a major U.S. Army linguistics school in Monterey. Is that where you are headed?

-Jerald

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  6. suby113

suby113 Member

He should be in the Army. Am I right Fez? Let me guess you did basic at Fort lost in the woods (leonardwood) right? I was there for basic back in 96, Military Intelligence, Then I too went to Monterey, Monterey is awesome your gonna love it man, so much more laid back then leonard wood youll see, I used to travel all over Cali, from LA to sanfran and sausolito, its pretty cool, but after that you might be going to Iraq or Korea so get ready, but any way good luck man!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

His boot camp seemed kinda short, mine in the USAF was 8 weeks I think, and I thought army/marines was longer...

8. suby113

suby113 Member

It is longer about 9 1/2 weeks. Fez stated he did boot camp for 9 weeks.

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

good to hear from u again fez... hope life is treating u well :)

10. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

glad ur good mann.. hope everything turns out the way u want..

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome back dude

12. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

+1 - Thanks for serving.
    Glad to see your still kickin

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

When you gonna go down to Savannah with me? :wiggle:

14. fez

fez The Arabian Sensation

Hey, I have computer access again and I know what I'm doin and stuff here. I'm spending all my money though. Its addicting to have it, I feel its my duty to help out this nations economy. What also sucks is when you look at your LES (leave and earnings statement) and see all the deductions before it even gets to you!!

Dude, monterey rocks. Can't wait to get fezzia out here, theres a lot of scoobies on post that I've noticed. 2 of them are marines, and 1 is air force, and 1 is army that I know of so far. There are more I just cant tell the service.

Only thing about this place is that...well....it gets friggin cold for an arab in the mornings.

I start class on thursday, right now I just get assigned random details for a day. I cleaned rifles for 2 days, that was friggin easy.

Kell, savannah is gonna have to wait man. I'm not sure when I'll get leave, instead of waiting on a later class and sending me away for a bit,I got put in an early class, starts thursday. I was half expecting it by the time I shipped.

15. Good job man!! I have a Canon camera as well..

16. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Man Fez, that is so cool that you joined the military. It sounds like you joined the Army, my boot camp in the AF in 1979 was only 6 weeks long at Lackland AFB. I hope that you get into a career that you like. It sounds like you are going into crypto or linguist, as you mentioned Monterey...

Mark

I bet he is in the Army...I was in the AF from 79-90 and then I did Army National Guard as a 31-U for 11 months, then Aircraft Maintenance on F-16 C's for 1 year at the DC Air National Guard. The military really has changed a lot though...I like the old military better to be honest with you....

Mark

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006