Wheels

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by josh booth, Jul 14, 2006.

1. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Is any one else runing 19in wheels

2. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Thats crazy talk. There is someone here on campus that runs a blue WRX that I think is on 19's. I could be mistaken though. An A/R of 35 is really low. Quick way to scratch the rim lip or bend a rim. Show car only.

3. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

18" is the biggest I'll go to. As he said, 19" is a size of wheel that will get broken really quickly. If you know for sure that your area has perfect roads without potholes, then 19" would work. But you probably rub every time you turn a corner.

Craig

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

17's FTW

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

All of the wrxs that I have seen with 19s look kind of ridiculous.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  6. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I sell wheel and tires for a living it's a every day driver. no rub

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

can u post some pics?

8. Goose013

Goose013 Member

I think the issue would be the width. if you get it too wide you will need your fenders rolled

9. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I will post pics soon

10. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i'm running 18x8. can't imagine dealing with any more tracking and tramlining than i already have.

11. Protocol

Protocol Member

Oh you can run 19's... It's tough to have "heavy passengers" in the back seat, but they run fine. I have 19x8" Axis Hagen's w/ 45mm offset.

12. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

ooooooh I want some 19" rims pics!!! :drool:

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah im running 18x8's i couldn't see 19x8's or larger being good DD wheels. But I'm sure they would fit fine. Just have to deal with the possibility of them scrubbing or breaking them on potholes. But If u have enough money for a set of show wheels that would be the size i would put on.

14. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Got any good deals on wheels?:)

15. west005

west005 Member

I am running 18x8.5 Axis wheels, I had to have the fenders rolled but it looks bad arse!

16. Stizy04

Stizy04 Member

check out this 06 with 19's. found it on cardomain the other day. probably one of the cleanest 06 ive seen with wheels yet.

Attached Files: