06 Saleen Mustang to have full glass top! PICS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jt money, Feb 17, 2006.

1. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i guess ill put this in here. i couldnt find the other model subforum did it get removed?
    anyways Found this on another site. I cant imagine how much weight that will add to the car. Looks pretty cool though. What do yall think??

[​IMG]

The Saleen S281 4.6-liter, three-valve supercharged coupe with the V8 engine gets bumped to 435 horsepower for the 2006 model year, an increase of 35 hp over the 2005 model, the company said Wednesday.
    The 2006 Saleen S281 3 Valve's 4.6-liter, single-overhead-cam V8 makes 330 hp, an increase of 5 horsepower over the previous model.

The Saleen 281 with the Racecraft suspension has a base price of $42,281. The S281 supercharged coupe is priced at $51,102 and the S281 supercharged convertible starts at $55,989, the specialty manufacturer said.

The company also has introduced its 2006 "cool tops" line, including the 2006 Saleen Speedster, which is equipped with a sport bar and a tonneau. It will be available by November. The 2006 S281 coupe can be equipped with the new Saleen "scenic roof," a moonroof that extends from the windshield to the back window. That will be in production by January, the company said.

[​IMG]

2. 04CoorsCan

04CoorsCan Member

Personally I love it....I am a Mustang fan by heart. Had (2) 5 oh's and a Chrome Yellow 98 Cobra......Miss them all, but good thing I got a scooby to take care of my driving needs!!! :cool:

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Thats hot, kinda like the JDM CRXs with the glass roofs.

I'm a Ford guy but unless they make the driving position a little better and make some more legroom I wont be driving any mustangs.

4. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

very different, reminds me of this sexy concept coupe by some italian designer a few yeas ago

5. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i like it but what happens when you hav ea wreck and roll the car?

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Looks great!

Yeah, I removed the other models, figured if it was not subaru related it could just go in off topic. I'll move this there now.

7. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

same thing as if you had a ragtop, but with more glass.

8. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Literally, can you imagine getting in that thing in the middle of summer after its been in full sun for a few hours??? :eek:hnoes:

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Summers would be deadly, but that is hot. They used to do that with Vettes.

10. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

I love the new Mustangs. That glass top is hot.

11. 7wolf

7wolf Member

it's nice, but $51k?! that's insane. you can build a suby for cheeper to stomp that ass!

12. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

they ar ehot but I had som efun with a non supercharged Saleen recently and we were dead even from 2-3 gear several times.

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I have a tough time justifying that price. That is one expensive Mustang.