06+ STI vs EVO IX aerodynamics, and the history of Subaru vs Mitsu aero design

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Yet one more reason why Subaru > Mitsu :wiggle:

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

good little read

3. longfury

longfury Active Member

Well, Subaru said the new front was better aerodynamically. They were not kidding. Makes me wonder what wing I should get for the best stability. I don't think I drive fast enough to make a difference. :p

I know that my wingless 06 WRX does feel light in the rear when cornering. I have been to the Dragon twice and noticed it on both trips. So I need a wing of some kind. I know my 04 with the WRX wing did not feel that way.

Looking over the stuff again. It looks like my plan of a s204 lip and a s203/204 rear wing is a good idea.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  4. Here i thought that the superbird wing was mainly for looks. (my wing is bigger than yours,etc)

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

Nah, The wings you see on the cars are there for a reason. They are the same basic shape and size as the WRC wings. This is on purpose because of the rules. The rules actually is why our cars have the wings, winglets and all the other "ricer" parts.

6. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha! I knew the wrx wing had some functionality. I remember getting in an argument with some people on another forum about it. They claimed it was just for looks.

7. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Personally I would love to get rid of my wing.... it flops around on the highway. The wing is just dead weight on the autox course, but per stock rules I can't get rid of it. If my STi was some track dedicated car the wing would be useful, but not as a DD/autox car.

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Good read. I had read those numbers for the Prodive kits before but hadnt seen the windtunnel pictures.