06 WRX Limited w/17x9 Work Emotion: 255/40 content

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Buetang, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Buetang

Buetang Member

Not really new.. just never post. Figured I'd throw some old pictures out here.

Dunno why in some of the shots the rear tires look poky.... when you're standing next to the car looking down on them, you can't see any tire :pssh:

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So far, HKS turbo back Exhaust & K&N are the only ''go fast'' mods. I'll be ordering a COBB V2 Access port soon - And that'll be it. No more flame throwing bumper melting for me... even though it'll probably still do it.

Suspension/wheel/tire specs:
    Eibach "Pro-Street" Basically KW Struts/Eibach Springs using Group-N top hats (Coilovers)
    Work Emotion 17x9 +44
    255/40 Falken FK452 tires
    Rear fenders are rolled, no rubbing front or rear.

I'll be putting sway bars on next. Haven't decided on anything except that they'll be solid not hollow.. don't know what diameter yet. Still reading up and trying to figure out the best daily driver/mountain warrior application.

Steel Braided lines are on the way for the brakes, and some better pads. Stock stuff last a long time..

I've had 4 Subaru's, this is by far my favorite. Leather w/heated seats is the way to go :)

Future plans, not much really... possible replica v-limited lip, or was thinking about going the rally innovations route w/some nasty Hella lights.. dunno.
    Not planning on lowering the car, b/c I'm tired of it.. all my past Subaru's have been pretty much slammed, and I like the way this handles/feels a shit ton more.

I'm also having a custom axel back made to get rid of the can, if anyone is interested in the HKS shoot me a pm and I'll let you know when its available - might get rid of the entire cat-back.

Also have a nice set of Rota P1's I'd like to trade for some 5x100 STi BBS take offs. see HERE

2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Nice car!

The picture with the cow around the back is the best!

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

looks good man!

Do you live out in the country, or were you looking for a good background?

:)

4. Buetang

Buetang Member

Thanks guys - I live 'sorta' in the country, this place is down the street from me, the guy raises race horses and has cattle in the field adjacent to his house. I went and talked to him while I was there, and asked permission to take some pictures in his driveway next time.. its lined w/trees and is a super long drive way. Might do that when I get back in town next week.

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

nice rims! id get emotions but i dont poop out monies =/

6. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Very clean car bro!

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

holy hell that is a lot of rubber under those fenders

got any more details about your struts/springs? spring rates, etc?

8. Buetang

Buetang Member

I don't remember the rates off hand, I've got it in my paper work somewhere. I got this b/c i wanted something simple and tough. The springs are progressive - fronts have a helper spring, rear has the taper coil. They ride very smooth, not too stiff, not too soft. Very good for DD or doing the mountain/weekend warrior stuff. I don't care about having 43984 way adjustable coilovers - so I went w/these. Second choice was 04' STI struts w/RCE "Yellow's" and the Group-N tops.

Decide these w/the stainless steel body and ride height adjustment would suit me better.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  9. Buetang

Buetang Member

heres the generic tire rack listing for the suspension: Eibach Pro-Street

edit: the ones pictured are similar, but not the same. I think the "S" is the lower end model... not sure. Obviously the ones picture do not have the helper spring.. not that thats a huge deal, but w/e.
    KW Makes the struts for Eibach and are stamped w/KW of Germany (also another reason i went w/these)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008