06Evo vs 06STI

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lostinthewoods, Nov 17, 2005.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

2. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

boooooo

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

That's an awesome picture.

4. new background

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i love em both..!!

6. 5.1 0-60? man, did they take it easy on the STi or what?

7. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

after reeading the article im pretty sure they favor the Evo over the STi, previous magazine when testing the STi, when it first came over, were getting better times than that.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

That mag has allways favored the Mitsu over Sti... They'll have full articles saying how the STi has the edge in nearly all catagories, and then proceed to say the Mitsu is better overall. Judging by that mag and the movie 2 Fast, 2 Furious(all mitsu's), I'd say they know how to spend their advertising $$$ well.... Hell, I'd bet I could get that STi to 60 in 5.1, let alone a pro driver... he should be hitting 4.7....

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I could get my WRX to 60 in 5.1 and I have much less hp than a stock STI.

10. CROSSeyed

CROSSeyed Member

The only thing I don't like about the STi is the tranny... if you put 1st gear half way between 1st and 2nd, and moved all the gears up accordingly (essentially make every gear 1/2 a gear higher) it would be perfect.

11. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

thats a pimp pic......yea road and track is gay i am more in favor of car and driver.

12. so maybe mitsu should spend their money on reliability and customer satisfaction instead of product placement in 2 fast 2 furious and R&T... they are still going under last I heard.

13. blink

blink Member

thank you.. thank you indeed, the one thing ive been screaming about since they released here, reliability.

14. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

easy on the R&T fellas. my photo comes out next month in it.

15. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I think they shorted the STI in the end by saying "it has no choice but to step aside" to the Evo. They're both great cars, but I don't think there's a clear winner like they imply. BTW: Did you notice the STIs skidpad is higher than the Evo? First article I've ever seen to say that. And yeah 5.1 on an STI is SLOW! Wasn't the 04/05 4.9 on the slow end of drivers? I think they made a bad launch. But then again 4.7 is slow on the Evo, just not as slow. Still.... Mistu has had its funding pulled from GM so they're treading water for now. But then again, so is GM. I doubt either will be around much longer at they rate they're losing money and, in the case of GM, sales. I like R&T, but they seem to show biases a lot. But so does Car and Driver. The nice part about R&T is they do different stuff (full mile runs on supercars if you remember that one?). It's a good mag to read, just take their opinions with a grain of salt sometimes.

16. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That pic is a photoshop.

17. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

what makes you think that? just curious. as you know, all photos are photoshoped now-a-days!

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

If you can enlarge the picture, the same guy is driving both cars.

19. HAHA! Good catch man.

I never really listen to mags when it comes to their opinions, but it does dishearten me to see that they dont ever seem to test the cars to their full potential. Alot of people out there put aot of stock in the numbers, and to print numbers that aren't accurate... well, that just stinks.

I call double-bulls417 on this article, btw. not only is the time slower than when they originally tested the STi in 04 (I think), its an 06 STi which we all know is faster than the 05 anyway... hmmm.

20. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i dont care what anyone says about either car..they are both bad ass!!

21. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I love both cars, and I think that both are better than 95% of the cars on the road.

--
    Brian

22. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have to agree with Kris, both cars are awesome.