06wrx - 20g, FMIC, 3" TBE, TopSpeed Tuned, 93oct.... 371hp 408tq

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Just wanted to share this last car with you guys.

I tried tuning this car about a month ago with horrible results. The car would just struggle to make 330whp pulling timing and just being inconsistent. After much diagnosis we were able to narrow it down to injectors being out of balance.

So this morning I swap in a set of DW750's and strapped it back on the dyno... this time with much better results. This tune was on shell 93oct with boost peaking 21psi then tappering down to 17psi at redline.

2006 WRX
    6mt tranny

20g Turbo
    DW750cc
    SSAC FMIC
    3" Turbo back
    TopSpeed Tuned

Enjoy!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Excellent tq! Freaking 2.5L's......wait a min :evil: :rofl:

3. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Damn not to shabby!

4. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

thats what im talking about. if i can make 400tq on a 20g i may just go that route

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Wait a min is this on pure pump gas only? I don't see alky.

Would alky make it hold more tq up top?

6. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

One thing to notice though is that it nose dives after it reaches peak torque. If you were to go rotated it will be a more gradual slope. and hold that torque longer. Look back to some of the rotated cars Doug has done and you will see the difference.

Either way, nice work Doug. I am sure that would be a blast on the street.

7. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Can't wait for my 35r to be tuned.

9. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

that's awesome! nice setup

10. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

holy freaking S**T, nice numbers man
    i gotta get a 6speed
    if you dont mind answering, how does it take to tune a setup like this?

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

You need to sell that person a meth kit ;)

Here is a similar set on meth with the exception of stock 2.0 heads and a 2.5 axle back.

The 06 should hold more power to redline than this.

[​IMG]

12. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

my sz49 ewg setup doesn't make nearly much torque or power (even with a different correction factor, torque is still a good bit less)...weird

BLUE is pump gas, ignore the red line
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

blindfold what in the world is going on at 5200ish rpm? Flux capacitor kicking in and then failing?

14. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

At precisely 5180rpm, time warp opens as I approach 88mph

seriously, ignore the redline, clutch wasn't holding, focus on the blue line

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ah that makes sense.

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

the cams in the 2.0 make better torque down low than the sti or aftermaket cams but the trade off is you loose some serious top end.

17. Doug@DBW Motorsports

I am sure if this car had a few more supporting mods it would have made a bit more hp... however the boost was falling off so hard up top.

18. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I think my first post wasn't clear. That is an excellent result for a 20g on pump.

What I meant to say in my first post with the plot was ..

19. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

How much better would the power hold with an EWG? Since my setup is nearly the same except for stock turbo inlet, and I have a 3" invidia catted DP.

Doug, I also have the Greddy evo 2.5">3" catback exhaust. How much power would you say that robs me?

I am hoping for this kind of numbers, but the tune you did early this year yielded ~320/320 but it was also 93F or so.

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Strayen cut that resonator out. The Resonator is actually 2.35" almost. I did and it opened up my car a LOT!

21. Jake

Jake Active Member

i think there's a simple solution to your problem here. if you want those numbers, do the mods on this car

22. Doug@DBW Motorsports

I think on the car an ewg would have helped alot... however this car was strangely strong for the mods. I am sure the cool temps helped as well. What 20g do you have? this 06wrx was on the 8cm back housing which makes a big difference.

23. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I think I have the DB TD06 20G. I am going to do turbo inlet, and like Coolrex said, doing something about the resonator.

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I just had mine cut out and welded a 3" pipe back in. But the car will get a bit louder though.

25. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Guessing this was just a freak car. Because in this thread Doug did not make that much torque with a Tial 35R or a twin scroll HTA 35R http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1693245

Some cars are like that though. We had a fairly stock EvoX that put down way more than it should have for some reason. No clue why.